Time to put your trucks up for sale, guys!

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
Man, that thing is beautiful....shame about the rot underneath. Still looks to be salvageable though.

Agent

Jun 20, 2007
WV
The amount of rust under that white D1 is tragic! If a guy had the time and money it?d be a fabulous candidate for a frame swap. The Charleston Green D1 looks fantastic, but the color is horrid...I won?t even mention the seat covers...:ack:

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
This guy just took it to a whole new level: 1989 RRC for $75,000. Personally I find the appearance hideous, but taste is subjective. Discuss.

Nope. No way he's going to pull even a quarter of that. He might be one of those jerks that shills it just to trick people into thinking it sold, and then list it again later. I hate that. You see it all the time in vehicle and collectible categories.

Cheers,

Kennith

gimebakmybulits

Dec 11, 2013
Pasadena
If Jonathan Ward had built it then sure it would sell but not that guy. Even a nice Mach 1 you need to put 50 grand into it to have a 35k car.

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
If Jonathan Ward had built it then sure it would sell but not that guy. Even a nice Mach 1 you need to put 50 grand into it to have a 35k car.

That's why I like my '67 Impala "sport sedan".

Doesn't matter what I do to it... I'll come out on top. :D

I don't think I'd trust a Rover's value that much for another twenty years. Even more valuable Series and Defender models can be a losing prospect, so far as money is concerned, unless you get baller as hell with them.

Most of those big numbers you see have spent some time in a kitchen. It's a bunch of bullshit perpetuated by a pile of idiots trying to jack the market up to no avail. Many of those $80,000 Defenders aren't pulling near that much; probably half or less, even if you think you see one "sell" at 80. It's a trick.

Smoke and mirrors, man. I could believe a near perfect 130 High Cap hitting between 60 and 70k, but not a 90. A 110 could pull 60 fully restored with original parts and the full Rover "Expo package", but there's your limit.

Everyone else is full of shit, and they're going to keep feeding their kids ramen noodles until they stop trying and failing to manipulate the market.

Cheers,

Kennith

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
To each his own onthe color choice although I really don't like black on RRCs.

If I were looking for a nice black RRC I'd check out this one: http://congletonservice.com/showroom/1995-black-rr-swb/

For a lot less $$$ as well.

I don't see any interior pictures. I would expect the engine bay to be cleaner at that price, as well.

Still, it's a better value than that other piece of shit, with it's tired interior, filthy engine, and delaminating dash board.

I don't understand why people can't get pictures right when selling cars. It's always either too many or too few.

Cheers,

Kennith

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Geez. I need to put my damned Impala up there. That place is still pulling outstanding prices.

That Range Rover is nice, but I still wouldn't push it higher than 18.

It's closer to what I would buy, though. I like to see a relatively honest vehicle. It's okay if it shows its age a bit.

Cheers,

Kennith

bgbrox

Dec 25, 2016
Golden, CO
Anyone still watching these auctions?
https://bringatrailer.com/land-rover/

Other than being clean, what made that Charleston Green one pull down $16.5k? Is the color desirable?

The white low mileage had rust, capping the bids at $6.5k. Had it been me, I would have sold for that...

Denver CL has a several cheap D1s that need stuff but dont seem to be selling. I guess the frothy market is still at the top