Discovery 2 - Exterior A-pillar trim repair for $10 (video)

JUKE179r

Sep 14, 2016
Suffolkshire, UK
Not my video but a damn good modification for the Disco's aging plastic A-pillar trims. Thanks to R0VERGUY!
He replaced the plastic rivets with reusable retainers from autozone, and used 2 screws in the front to replace the 3 broken clips.
The video shows how he now has a secure trim piece again. This repair was under $10.

https://youtu.be/0icc-rACs7c

Stickbow

Aug 28, 2018
GA
This is worth being stickied!

Thanks for posting - this is a good combination with an experiment I'm going to do with fibreglass & epoxy when it cools off a little (and I have a weekend without honey-dos.

Last edited:

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
It's a good idea.

I know it's a common complaint, but I've never had much issue with these - 1 was broken by a windshield repair guy about a year ago, and I just pulled a few spares from the U-pull yard for about 5 bucks.

Stickbow

Aug 28, 2018
GA
Both of mine are cracked. I have yet to find a disco in any of the very few U-Pulls within 100 miles of me (have called all I can find numbers for), so repairing with a longer term reinforcement is a much better option for me, at least. Your mileage may vary - you may live in an area with more than 2 LR dealers within 200 miles, and people who buy them :)

BigLouAamich

Mar 30, 2014
Burke Virginia
Man. The two junk yards I go to always have discos in them. I pulled a couple to replace mine yesterday.

Both of mine are cracked. I have yet to find a disco in any of the very few U-Pulls within 100 miles of me (have called all I can find numbers for), so repairing with a longer term reinforcement is a much better option for me, at least. Your mileage may vary - you may live in an area with more than 2 LR dealers within 200 miles, and people who buy them :)