1st post- new DII owner and a loose seat question

B

Blugin

Hey guys, first off, hello! This is my first post. I just purchased my first Land Rover after much research and reading up on this board. It's a 2000 DII. It's pretty awesome and I love it. It already has an OME 2" lift, ARB/XD 9000 and 31s. Took it to our local trails last night and it did wonderfully!

But anyway, here is my question. I noticed after taking it out on the rough stuff last night that the passenger seat is now loose and rocks back and forth. I had a passenger with me and he's a heavier guy- probably 260-275. Anyway, I'm not sure if it was like that before or if it happened last night. I looked under the seat and it appears to be moving at the base but it's hard to tell. I did a search and couldn't find anything. Is this a common problem? Is it a loose bolt or fitting perhaps? It's a power seat. Thanks in advance!!

flyfisher11

May 25, 2005
Wolf Laurel NC
Welcome aboard! I have never experienced that nor have I heard of it. Maybe someone else will jump in on it. Good choice on model year for your DII. You are one of the lucky few that has the CDL nipple. If you don't already have it hooked up you need to do that. It offers several options for traction.

Cheers,

Mike

B

Blugin

Oh yah- that was one of my criteria for a DII. I'll be doing the DI shift linkage in the next couple months.

sean

Sep 28, 2004
my drivers seat does the same thing. the dealer looked at it fri, time for a new lower seat frame. not sure the cause.
it seems to be in the linkage nothing is broken, just really sloppy through the entire base.

N

NorCalDiscoII

Had my driver's fixed twice under warranty. 2nd time frame was replaced... it's doing it again 6 month later. I figure my 240lbs fat ass might have something to do with it but I'm having it checked again on my upcoming 45K service. Good luck figuring yours out and welcome aboard!

Carl_kps

May 23, 2004
Harpers Ferry, WV
You might need to get the frame fixed. The seat wobled on my rover after extended offroading. I took it to the dealer and he showed me where the frame cracked before he fixed it. I guess the seat were not designed for going offroading with big guys. I am 6'05" and weigh about 290 (played college football and work out still so it is bad as it looks.)

d2dave

Jan 31, 2006
alabama
my drivers seat does it too. i bought my disco from a heavier person. i think that has something to do with it. why can't the british build a solid truck? dont get me wrong, what needs to be solid is, but all the bells and whistles are crap.