2016 Northwest Challenge

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
I just saw that the dates and location for the 2016 Northwest Challenge have been announced. Last weekend in September in the mountains of British Columbia north of Squamish. I've driven on the main road up this way a few times to Whistler and beyond, it's a spectacular landscape.

Anyone from the PNW going? I know there are a bunch of you out here so it would be good to meet some of you folks in person. I plan to be there, either as a navigator with my 2014 driver or as a volunteer. The price of registration is cheap ($50 per vehicle of 2 before September 5, includes t-shirts, dinner, and breakfast).

I've competed the last 2 years (Washington and Oregon) and this will be my first time in the BC version of the event. It has been a lot of fun and is worth the trip.

More details on the event website: http://nwchallenge.com/

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Alright, my driver bailed on the event for this year. Anyone else want to go? Snell? Come on, some of you Washingtonians must get out from behind your keyboard and drive at some point.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Dude, that's a capital idea! Entry fee is $50 for 2 people, which includes t-shirts and dinner for both. Gas will probably run me $100, then $30 for beer, $10 for spicy Doritos and Mountain Dew, and $60 for duty free Scotch when I get back to the border. So I'll launch a campaign for $250. With all the fancy, expensive new vehicles that Discowebbers roll in I'm sure the donations will come pouring in.

I might need to launch a separate campaign after the event to pay for whatever damage I inflict on my Disco. Stay tuned.

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
Can you launch a GFM campaign from jail to make bail?

Dude, that's a capital idea! Entry fee is $50 for 2 people, which includes t-shirts and dinner for both. Gas will probably run me $100, then $30 for beer, $10 for spicy Doritos and Mountain Dew, and $60 for duty free Scotch when I get back to the border. So I'll launch a campaign for $250. With all the fancy, expensive new vehicles that Discowebbers roll in I'm sure the donations will come pouring in.

I might need to launch a separate campaign after the event to pay for whatever damage I inflict on my Disco. Stay tuned.

pdxrovermech

Jul 3, 2009
Portland, OR
I'm not going, but i know a few here in the Portland area are. Too much gas money for me. The landscape around Squamish is beautiful. Be prepared for lots of mud, maybe some snow, and even taking your truck in a quick dip in a pond. The Canadians tend to plan GPS heavy events and put you through the worst on Friday night.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Thanks, Neal, that's good to know. Fortunately I've improved my navigational skills and upgraded my tools so I hope I'm better prepared for the route. Plus I have the whole day off on Friday so plan to arrive early, take my time setting up camp, and resting before the night tasks.

Assuming, of course, I find a driver. Otherwise I'll be volunteering, which will be rewarding in a different way.