Display unit on board diagnostic module PRC 7067

Hi guys,

I'm after one of these display modules for the 14CUX EFI system.

http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?p=541872#post541872

I have heard that they were fitted in the US in Range Rovers but did they come in Discoverys as well?

Were they an optional extra or standard?

They were not fitted at all to the Australian models but I recently fitted oxygen sensors (we didn't have them either) and would like one of these to compliment them.

Thanks.

Last edited:

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Got a pic. I have a Range Rover on board diagnostic display sticking out from under the P-side seat of my DI. I don't know if it is the same or if it should even be there. It always says 34 .FWIW. I will trade it straight up for a diesel Defender 110 4 door in white.

I HATE PONIES

Aug 3, 2006
Yep I have one of these. Its on a 94 DiscoI. Does anyone know if it was added or if it is supposed to be there?

Attachments

• Rover-EFI-U.jpg
    Rover-EFI-U.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 17

Robbie

Apr 20, 2004
NOVA
supposed to be there. OBD1 trucks had it, at least '94-'95 discos did. not sure what year RRCs.

Hi all. Back again.

I've got the unit now and have fitted it to my Disco1.

Can anyone tell me the procedure to reset the codes.

I've been trying to do this but it has no effect.

Use this procedure to clear faults:
1. Switch "on" the ignition.
2. Disconnect the serial link mating plug, wait five seconds, and reconnect.
3. Switch "off" the ignition, and wait several seconds.
4. Switch "on" the ignition. The display should now reset.
Note: It should either show a lower priority fault code or appear dark.
http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/Rover-14CUX-EFI.htm

When I first connected it up the screen was blank and remained so until I disconnected the MAF to induce a fault. I then started the car and of course up came code 12. However then I couldn't clear the fault. Somehow I managed to clear it later but then I fiddled some more and disconnected the MAF again so I could figure out what I did. Since then (yesterday) code 12 has remained on the screen.

I am thinking that I should be able to clear the code in order to read the next one and if there is actually a MAF fault then it should only come back once the car is started.

There is no fault with the MAF. It drives fine and there is a big difference when the MAF is physically connected and disconnected.

I'm assuming the serial link mating plug is the code reader's plug.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
sounds like its about as worthless as they are over here

I don't think there is anyway to read more than one code with that reader

pulling the efi fuse from under the hood is the most painless way to clear it

i haven't looked at the schematics in a while, but I don't think its the same pins as the serial port.

Thanks Robert.

I pulled the EFI fuse this morning and it displayed 02 to show the ECU had been reset. That cleared next start and the display is not showing any more codes so all is well.

Even if it only shows the one code then that is one more than I could read before. So I don't mind.

I would like to make an OBD1 lead and get some software to really play with it but haven't done anything about that yet.