Refreshing Parts

coop74

Dec 10, 2015
Alcoa TN
Looking for suggestions on new Hubs as well as new edited// i mean calipers) and brake pads . All part of my mission to get the old girl up to snuff...

Suggestions or advice appreciated.

Coop

Last edited:

coop74

Dec 10, 2015
Alcoa TN
All you need to know can be summarized in one word:

Tillery

I like Will and have bought a bunch of parts from him but i am looking for New parts not used parts... I will give him a jingle however.

thanks for the response.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
That's just the thing. Will sells new parts as well. In every case of buying new parts from Will they have been good quality and lower prices than I could find anywhere else. With the sole exception of a "Lucas" rotor that was a piece of junk, but finding quality rotors these days is getting hard, apparently.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
Are you looking for suggestions of where to buy or what brands? When it comes to brakes I prefer all Genuine, but have also found that aftermarket rotors and Genuine pads are a good combo.

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
x2 on Will for brakes. I ordered a brake kit from him with new pads and rotors. Was very pleased with the parts sent. As for hubs I went with some of Amazon from A1 Auto. I believe I paid $160 for a pair of front hubs with ABS sensors.

coop74

Dec 10, 2015
Alcoa TN
Are you looking for suggestions of where to buy or what brands? When it comes to brakes I prefer all Genuine, but have also found that aftermarket rotors and Genuine pads are a good combo.
I was hoping to have suggestions on what brands work best or good value for money parts.

llamasayswhat

Nov 30, 2017
Kailua-Kona, HI
Looking for suggestions on new Hubs as well as new calipers and brake pads. All part of my mission to get the old girl up to snuff...

Suggestions or advice appreciated.

Coop

your email had calipers and i am looking for Hub assemblies. I might do the caliper at some point as well but the ones i have appear to be in very good shape.

your original post requests new calipers

JUKE179r

Sep 14, 2016
Suffolkshire, UK
Here's my parts list...
- EBC GD Sport Drilled & Slotted rear #GD957 & front rotors #GD994
- Akebono ceramic rear #ACT493 & front brake pads #EUR676
- Braided Stainless Steel Brake Hose Kit for raised suspensions #ABP218L from Atlantic British
- Stainless steel brake bleed ports #SB1010S-SS from Speed Bleeder ($65.95) - 4 each

CORover

Jun 11, 2007
Colorado, USA
I have run the Akeebono pads at my mechanics recommendation on 3 different rovers and I love them.

Great tip on the speed bleeders. Might be my next purchase. I have to extend my flex brake lines again so a good time to do those.