Anyone in or around Amarillo TX? Rover Down

Shiftonthefly1

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas
A friend of mine with a 98 Disco is stuck due to what I suspect is a faulty brake light switch. He doesn't know squat about cars. He's got to get to a chemo appointment and can't be held up for days waiting on parts.

If anyone is able to help I'd appreciate it. PM me your info and I can pass it along.

best4x4

Mar 1, 2015
Beaumont, TX
You can tear that switch apart and clean the contacts! Sometimes I've seen them with broken contacts inside, but mostly just dirty inside.

ME Island

Is his D1 stuck in Park? Here's the solution someone just gave me.

Have your friend get a 6-8" piece of wire - even a paper clip will do. Pull the connector off the rear door defroster and the rear door third brake light. They're on the left side of the rear door, at the base of the window. Slip the wire or clip into each connector. When the car starts, push the rear defroster button. That will let the Discovery out of Park.

It works and anyone at an auto parts place could do this for him.

Jeff

Shiftonthefly1

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas
Is his D1 stuck in Park? Here's the solution someone just gave me.

Have your friend get a 6-8" piece of wire - even a paper clip will do. Pull the connector off the rear door defroster and the rear door third brake light. They're on the left side of the rear door, at the base of the window. Slip the wire or clip into each connector. When the car starts, push the rear defroster button. That will let the Discovery out of Park.

It works and anyone at an auto parts place could do this for him.

Jeff

Wow man. Good tip. Thanks for that.

Reactions: salvvia