What is this

crystalclear

Aug 16, 2010
was working on the rear end of the d1 and this fell out of nowhere (from under the passenger side)

only marking is pp-tv10 trw

Jeff Blake

May 6, 2016
Pacific Beach, San Diego
Its a vent that fits in behind the loadspace bin trim. It's not supposed to be able to come out via the outside. Mine has way more flaps though (d2).

As for its purpose, yet to figure that one out

My guess is that the cab would get pressurized if you have the ac or heat running, and the flap releases that pressure to increase output from HVAC. I recently covered mine up... might have to rethink that

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
As for its purpose, yet to figure that one out

My guess is that the cab would get pressurized if you have the ac or heat running, and the flap releases that pressure to increase output from HVAC. I recently covered mine up... might have to rethink that

Close

Airbag pressure release

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
The primary purpose is ventilation. Cars had these vents before airbags existed - I know for a fact that they were present on pre-airbag 80's European cars. The idea is that if you're taking in fresh air from outside, the old, used interior air needs to be able to easily flow out.

You should find two pieces in this side, both with flappers. Its purpose is ventilation, not allowing dust to come in. You can see on my images, this is not totally successful.

imagen jpg

This lying down image shows both ventilations

subir gif

I took both images fom my 98 MY non-airbag D1.
I think is important to replace this part or at least to close remaining hole.

Regards