Mayweather / McGregor

emmodg

Apr 17, 2006
On the ground the money man wouldn't last 30 seconds. He'd be in full mount getting his face teed-off on or in an arm bar.

pinkytoe69

Jan 14, 2012
minnesota
On the ground the money man wouldn't last 30 seconds. He'd be in full mount getting his face teed-off on or in an arm bar.

I think if the boxer was a good enough athlete and spent a big chunk of camp on take-down defense, they could last a couple rounds and maybe spring an upset.

emmodg

Apr 17, 2006
It really doesn't matter how long McGregor lasts. This will be one boring ass fight consisting of Mayweather punching the ever-living hell out of McGregor. I can't spend 100's of dollars on a movie I know the ending to.

NOW - if by some miracle of miracles - McGregor throws a Hail Mary that lands with uncanny accuracy and knocks Mayweather out? I will have wished I'd gone to my buddy's and watched his subscription.

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
I wouldn't step into a boxing ring for the same reasons I don't think McGregor should. Most of his game won't be on the table, his strikes will be tempered, and he runs the risk of training himself out of his position in MMA. Whatever, though. If he wants to fight, let him.

He's a hard driver. He may stand a chance of coming out on top, but I wonder if his MMA performance will suffer as a result of all that boxing training. That's thing one that's kept me away from boxing. It's a completely different competition.

Of course, he's probably being paid well, and a feather in the cap of an MMA career would be taking out Mayweather in boxing. He could retire and feel pretty solid after that.

Cheers,

Kennith

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
But hey, on the plus side we got to sit through an SPLC commercial.

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Ran into the same problem I would have. His body is trained to work at a much different pace. He was up against perhaps the worst type of opponent he could have faced, in that regard; someone perfectly capable of wearing him out.

Damned if he didn't try, though. :patriot:

Cheers,

Kennith

emmodg

Apr 17, 2006
Ran into the same problem I would have. His body is trained to work at a much different pace. He was up against perhaps the worst type of opponent he could have faced, in that regard; someone perfectly capable of wearing him out.

Damned if he didn't try, though. :patriot:

Cheers,

Kennith

Wait a minute, wait a minute! - "...same problem I would have."?

How is your body trained? I hear ya' though...I would have had the same problem. Kinda reminds me of my days in the octagon!:rolleyes:

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
yeah, projected $100M for McGregor and $300M for Mayweather. Mayweather is expected to enter the billionaire's club.

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Wait a minute, wait a minute! - "...same problem I would have."?

How is your body trained? I hear ya' though...I would have had the same problem. Kinda reminds me of my days in the octagon!:rolleyes:

My body is trained for maximum sexiness in a compact, portable form factor.

Well, was trained... :rofl:

Cheers,

Kennith