High dollar D2 Funny CL Ad

DiscoPhoto

Jul 23, 2012
Vermont
Crazy that he forgot to add how much gas he used to the value.

Also : 2 new headlights - $499.99 (each)
1 old headlight - $499.99

??!

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Freaking spelling and punctuation... How is it that adults are so confused with the use of apostrophes? The whole possessive vs. plural seems to puzzle quite a few.

AbnMike

Apr 6, 2016
Western Slope, CO
Sounds like my dad when he was trying to sell his old house: but I put 6 gallons of paint at $22.50 a gallon on it. And I painted the deck and repaired a $6.98 board and even if I only paid myself minimum wage I still spent 43 hours on it....

and so on and so forth trying to justify why he thinks it should be listed higher than the realtor....

stu454

Dec 15, 2004
Atlanta, GA
"This is my 2004 Land Rover Discovery. I am listening to offers no lowballs I know its value... NO TRADES! Do not be scared to make me an offer but read list carefully, serious buyers only!

This car has been babied its whole life and is in amazing condition. This car is a rebuild and has a brand new engine with around 4,100 miles on it but 171k on the clock. It is a clean title and I am the second owner the previous owner was a family member it has been garage kept since 2004. It is a non-smoker and has been my daily driver. I have never had any problems with it. the oil has been changed every 3,500 miles and this car has only taken premium gas since 2004. This car is an automatic and 4.6 liter v8.

This car has a very tasteful list of modifications listed below,

Luxury package
Strong a/c & heat
Power windows
Black leather seats
Heated seats
Jump seats in trunk
2 tinted sunroofs
Brand new engine - $7,195
Brand new windshield wipers and arm mechanisms - $24.74
Brand new spare tire carrier - $89.84
Brand new brake pads - $150
Brand new fog light bulbs - $65.99
Brand new head light bulbs (not installed) - $79.95
Brand new LED lights x4 - 8D LED 4.25" x 1.25" - $40
Brand new radiator - $700
New center console top - $39.99
New steering wheel - $94.99
New fender flares - $314.95
2 new front headlights - $499.99 (each)
Rear tail light guards - $124.95
Roof rack with rails - $2,299.95
Custom rims - Winter Black chrome (on all five rims) - $2,500
Stock set of rims - $500
Trunk ladder - $89.95
Repainted brake calipers - $20
Front bumper - $200
2" lift kit - $747.85
31" BF Goodrich all-terrain tires - $834.85
Tinted windows (blacked out) - $800
Fake Hood scoop - $20
Also, have a land rover adventure system hitch cargo box which comes with the vehicle - $515.52

Now with this car ever since 2004 the previous owner and I have been buying brand new parts and accessories for this car due to it being discontinued. All of these extra parts are going to be sold with the car and all have to go together. These parts are all new and I also have older parts that were taking off the car and replaced. The list below list all parts and prices that will come with car,

1 brand new tinted sunroof - $145
1 old sunroof that has a tear in the rubber weather stripping - $145
2 new headlights - $499.99 (each)
1 old headlight - $499.99
Brand new leathers for driver and passenger - $200
New center console top - $39.99
2 brand new armrest - 61.99 (each)
Brand new floor mats - $149.95
New cargo liner - $269.95
Brand new carpets - $85
Stock wheel lugnuts - N/A
Variety of badges and emblems - $100
Spare tire cover - $45
Windshield wipers and caps - N/A
Steering wheel - $94.99
Rear tail lights - $139 (each)
These are just the main parts but there are more parts. If you're serious I can send the details and specs on them.

A couple of things have been converted such as the ashtrays into coin holders. All of the LED lighting auxiliary's have been wired and fixed into the stock switches and buttons. Behind the glove box out of site is an override chip which allows for auxiliary, brights, front bumper, and headlights to all be on at once.

There is a couple flaw's with this car that you will get with any other older car. These flaws are there is body rust (not too bad) on the underbody of the car due to it being owned in Ohio. But there is no visible rust or cosmetic problems anywhere on the body panels on the car. The sunroof over the driver and passenger side sometimes gets locked up but the sunroof still opens. The tracks for it just need to be greased.

Serious buyers only do not waste my time or lowball the car is amazing and you won't find another one like this. You can contact me at show contact info for fastest response. I need this car sold asap so don't be scared to offer a price.

You wont find another one like this... over 25k into this not including parts. This is the best of the best and you wont find another disco like it!"

So much fail.

Some Dude

Feb 12, 2009
Boise, ID
The guy is a douche, but I'd buy it for 8 grand tomorrow. Damn D2s are pulling me back.

Edit: Sudden clarity - Maybe 6.

disco_drum

Jan 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
i mean...my D2...even though it is awesomely badass...is worth probably $724. So this guy must have a fucking historical relic on his hands....

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
It's a pretty nice truck but pictures are not a good way to check out a truck. Could have been taken 10 years ago. But since he knows what it's worth and he's taking offers. Someone should go offer him the $4500 bucks it's probably worth. I hope whatever is wrong with it that made him decide to sell will keep going for a while, cause he sure as hell not selling it at that price.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
Oh forgot to mention. Where the hell did he find a brand new engine? Reman is not new. It's a rebuilt aluminum block engine that probably didn't have a perfeclty straight line bore thru the mains. A brand new engine wouldn't have the twisted block we all run.

Old guys who did machine shop work back when Buick was still running this thing learned that the block twists. If you ever are rebuilding one of these engines you should have it checked for that.