Persisting p1415 code after 4.0 to 4.6 swap

A

acameltoe

This is an update to the Code situation I had after swapping my 4.0 for a 4.6 in my 2000 D2, 150k+

After the swap my MIL light came on and was giving me codes: p0447, p0150, p0714, p1174, p1415.

After looking around the engine bay I checked all the vacuum lines and connectors and all seemed to be ok until I got to the CVS for the EVAP system. Looks like they forgot to reconnect the multi-plug. I reconnected it and that seemed to get rid of the codes. After a few drive cycles MIL went off on its own.

I had my original 4.0 ECU reprogrammed for the 4.6, and it is running much better now. After a few days, and tanks of gas, the adaptive values that were reset are now showing much better performance. The 4.6 definitely pulls a lot stronger than the 4.0 did, even before the issues that eventually did it in.

I am however still getting a P1415 SAI bank 1 error after every few drive cycles. They replaced the SAI tube on that side due to the old one being pretty twisted from removal a year or so ago. All connections and vacuum lines seem to be ok and SAI pump is working when it should. Not getting any errors on the other bank for SAI.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can look closer at as far as the p1415 SAI code? I am up for inspection this month and want to straighten it out, and would rather figure it out myself with assistance than bring it back in and tell them to fix it seeing as they swapped the tube and it was never an issue before the swap. Is there a simple way yo see if the SAI valve is working correctly. Perhaps it is stuck closed?

Thanks for all the input and assistance to all that chimed in on the swap.

John

A

acameltoe

Hi Scott,

Was thinking it could be the valve, but it was fine before engine swap. Know a simple way to tell if it is working properly?

John