Rats! No, really. Rats...

I have been struggling with operating problems on my '97 D1. Rough idle. Over-fueling at idle. Intermittent cam position sensor problems. O2 sensors dropping in and out. Intermittent speedo. All kinds of crazy stuff.

I have split open harnesses, replaced sensors, etc, etc ad nauseam.

Two days ago I happened to open the glove box to store some CD jewel cases there. I noted that the edge of the Big-O Tires warranty was frayed. On closer inspection I saw that it had been chewed! A little more inspection revealed rodent droppings and a variety of other chewed materials.

Now I am working on opening up the dash and kick panels to have a look but am expecting to find chewed wires.

Now when something doesn't work and I say, "Rats!" the statement will take on a whole new (or it's proper) meaning.

JUKE179r

Sep 14, 2016
Suffolkshire, UK
I don't know how big the rats are in Arizona, but the rats in Chicago are as big as small dogs. I've seen one run off with a dead cat in it's mouth.

Icannap1

Mar 3, 2015
OC, CA
They probably get in through the fresh air intake of the blower system just under the windshield to the passenger side of the wiper motor area.

JohnnoK

Mar 19, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Whats the best rat squirrell chimpmunk etc repelent besides a 45 cal

I don't know about squirrels and chipmunks, but for rats, use chocolate powder, like Nesquik or similar and crack filler mixed together. Rats like chocolate and the crack filler won't make their bodies a danger to other animals that may eat them once dead.