1" sag terrafirma MD lift

llamasayswhat

Nov 30, 2017
Kailua-Kona, HI
Hey all, I've got a 96 D1 with a 8 month old terrafirma "medium duty 2"" lift and it has a pronounced 1" lift front and rear on the passenger side. The general consensus when people complain about a sag is that it's the coils, but that is usually on vehicles with stock suspension pieces still installed.

The truck DID have a lean before the lift although I feel it wasn't as obvious it is now. And I honestly dont know if it was this bad immediately after the lift or not.. the coils are all in their correct locations, driver front spring is tagged front DS, passenger is front PS, etc etc.

Are these things tagged for RHD vehicles and backwards for US market? Is something else going on? Did i get a shit batch of coils?

modernbeat

Aug 19, 2017
Dallas, TX
My RRC Terrafirma 2" medium coils were labeled "Driver" and "Passenger", not right and left. And my driver's front coil has settled about an inch within two months of installation and less than 100 miles. I replaced all the bushings at the same time, and the truck didn't have any lean before the install.

modernbeat

Aug 19, 2017
Dallas, TX
And, GBR got back to me almost immediately. Due to low demand the 3" OME isn't available, and will not likely be built again. Offered me the OME 1" kit plus spacers that I was trying to avoid, and was the reason I bought the TF to begin with.

WNYDiscoIIErik

Jan 29, 2006
Clarence, NY
www.lucky8llc.com
And, GBR got back to me almost immediately. Due to low demand the 3" OME isn't available, and will not likely be built again. Offered me the OME 1" kit plus spacers that I was trying to avoid, and was the reason I bought the TF to begin with.

OME never offered a true 3" spring for the D1/D90/RRC. At best you would get around 2" with their HD on stock truck.

I have HD 3" springs for those in stock. $350 to your door.

Rocky

Apr 23, 2004
Red Sox Nation
I think I have the Rte 3 inch lift from my D1 on my 90 now. Its far too stiff for the lighter vehicle and probably more than three inches on the D90. Add in the 33 inch tires and its a climb for shorter folk to get in.