Any interest in Lincoln Continental Mark II

toadermcgee

Sep 26, 2007
Newburgh, IN
Does anyone on Discoweb have a desire to own a Lincoln Continental Mark II?
Attached are pics from the interwebs that show the type of car I'm typing about.

Now the back story:
My Dad past away in October of last year leaving my brother and I with a few classic cars to deal with. The Lincoln has been restored and looks like the pictures I have attached. There are a hand full of issues that keep it from being a perfect car. None of which would keep it from being driven. If anyone is interested I will send pictures of our car. The other cars we have to sell are:

1930 Nash (mostly original)
1935 Chevy pickup (restored)
1957 Nash Metropolitan (Need works on steering, have parts to replace warn out parts)
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood (restored)
1971 Chevy pickup camper special (repainted red and white original color was puke yellow. it might be a GMC I don't remember)
1986 Mercedes convertible (original)

I corrected years and models

Last edited:

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
What model is the Merc convertible? 560SL?

Two words, head gasket.

Edit: on second thought I could be wrong. If memory serves the 560sl did suffer some kind of design flaw but I may be thinking of something else. My Neighbor used to own an 88 and he told me all about it years and years ago.

Greg Davis

Apr 20, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If I remember correctly, those MkII's were hand assembled and are VERY desirable.

I think you should advertise in Hemmings or similar.

Greg

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Bring a Trailer is also a great site for oddball vehicles.

For being so under the radar, they sure do seem to rack up healthy prices.

Cheers,

Kennith

toadermcgee

Sep 26, 2007
Newburgh, IN
Everyone,
Thanks for the replies. I'll be going to the shop late morning tomorrow and I'll send out the requested info then.

Thanks again.

toadermcgee

Sep 26, 2007
Newburgh, IN
What model is the Merc convertible? 560SL?

Yes it is a 560SL. Silver gray w/ blue interior. 136K and change on OD. Dad bought for Mom to drive back and forth to her tennis club, but she didn't like it so he drive it around some. It stayed in the garage more than on the road.

Last edited:

toadermcgee

Sep 26, 2007
Newburgh, IN
Sorry to hear about your dad. That sucks.
When you get to them on your priority list, shoot me some info on the chevy trucks please.

The 71 is a chevy. 54k is on the OD
I took these pic in Oct of 15 so Dad could get insurance on it.

Last edited:

toadermcgee

Sep 26, 2007
Newburgh, IN
If I remember correctly, those MkII's were hand assembled and are VERY desirable.

I think you should advertise in Hemmings or similar.

Greg

Your right about the hand assembly. It was a HUGE PITA to restore. Started in 92' and still not 100% done; it is 99% done only minor adjustments left. It is a 57' a little more than 400 where made in 57'. Dad bought it along with a model A. He was hoping to flip the Lincoln quickly but it is still here and the model A is gone.