BaT 1998

AbnMike

Apr 6, 2016
Western Slope, CO
Let's hope they are. I know some of you guys love them low priced and a dime a dozen, but those of us with really nice ones are tired of being associated with your rusty junk :D

I'd like to see a run on these things at respectable prices. If a Defender can go for 40, 50, 60, 70k then a Disco should at least be at 10-15k rust free.

Good to see some counter-comments on that page to the old canard of these being unreliable junk heaps.

bgbrox

Dec 25, 2016
Golden, CO
Now that I'm making progress on my $500 D1, I can see the logic in paying $5k for a clean one with no leaks, working windows and sunroofs, some off road bits, etc. However, I'd like to see real bumpers and a winch. For the price, it's not the cleanest interior, either.

I wonder who made those sliders?

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
I think D1's are on the rise. They're damn close to a Defender performance wise with more creature comforts. Obviously there are still a bunch of them out there, even removing the ones rusted to shit, so I wouldn't even expect them to get near RRC prices

AbnMike

Apr 6, 2016
Western Slope, CO
We won't really know they're on the rise until the stock ones rise above the $2,000 mark that you can seemingly buy all day long, but here's hoping!

Couldn't build one for the price this one is at right now, but I bet it hits $10k.