New Owner 2003 DII SE7

BarrettRC8

Jul 31, 2017
San Diego
Gents,

Been browsing for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a Black 2003 Discovery II SE7 with 66,000 miles.some minor issues, but I've already removed the fenders, installed a new stereo, as well as an ultra gauge. Currently trying to seeet talk the wife for tires and a lift.

Anyways, thanks for all the information.

Actually, one question - Can anyone tell me what piece is missing in the third photo?

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Youre missing the connector hose that is made from some kind of material that always falls apart. Probably why yours is missing. Ask around Im sure you can find one from some of the parts guys here.
Welcome!

BarrettRC8

Jul 31, 2017
San Diego
Youre missing the connector hose that is made from some kind of material that always falls apart. Probably why yours is missing. Ask around Im sure you can find one from some of the parts guys here.
Welcome!

Thank you, any idea if I should fashion a connection up in the meantime? I've been driving the truck with no real issues but don't want to do something to cause a potential problem.

You don't urgently need to put hose. I think it did not break, but the one who cut it did it because he did not want engine to get air from the fender duct. He put a stocking in the entrance as a pre-filter. It is a measure that I don't share that I 've seen do frequently in D1's. They say that air in the fender duct can be more dusty. But it's several degrees colder than air next to engine, which is what designer looked for ..

Nice Disco

Regards