DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Technical Boards > Discovery - Technical Discussions

Old 02-19-2006, 09:33 AM

I have really abused my Rover and have really been raped getting it fixed at the dealership and have had some really bad repairs done by independent shops. However, I came across a great shop in Alexandria, Virginia (Rover Land 4x4) that does great work and are very honest. The site is http://www.roverland4x4.com. They will even just install the parts if you bring them in. So far here is what I have done and the prices. (All this completed in one day.)

Brake rotors/pads installed $340
BG Transmission Flush $200
Fix pain in the but exhaust leak and replace 3 O2 sensors $350
Replaced ABS pump (with used pump with 6 month warranty) $690
Replaced Drive Shaft (with used shaft with six month warranty) $350

The coolest part about this place is that they showed you everything before they do any work. The guys also have this crazy Land Rover computer program that diagnosis almost everything. They out to the shop and went though my Rover with computer program and showed me everything. It took about 20 minutes and they told me that everything looked good when it was OK (not like the dealership). These guys are fair and honest. It was a weird feeling. I highly recommend them.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:49 AM
maximus

I am curious, your post says they will do the work if you bring the parts, ok. Do your prices above include the Part?
Old 02-19-2006, 02:01 PM
syoung

I've dealt with them before and I know the owners Charlie and Joyce. They are really great people and the kind of shop where you can leave them a signed check and trust them to fill in the amount. They're THAT good.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:57 PM

They lost my confidence the day I pulled up and was told I had noisy lifters. The noise was the passenger side cat.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:16 PM

haha i wonder if i can get some free work done from them if i redesign their website! ha ...thanks Carl_kps for posting about them...i live fairly close to that area.