Uwharrie Safari 2018 April 12th-15th

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Early registration is now open!
This year we will be camping across the street from the Outpost at the Uwharrie Events Center. (NOT AT GROUP CAMP!)
The Events center will allow us more room for everyone to camp, and being on private property helps with some of the red tape we had last year at group camp.

We will have guided rides again this year at Big Creek on Friday and Sat. That cost is included in the cost of registration. We will still be doing rides out in the national forest as well. More to come on that.

As of now, I dont think a Tshirt design has been chosen?

I will update this thread as I get more info.

http://www.uwharriesafari.org/registration

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Alcohol was never and still isnt allowed in the National Forest. In previous years the rangers have looked the other way at camp, but with all the alcohol related accidents they have cracked down. Last year we were the first big group of the year and they used us as an example to show they were cracking down.
Not to mention they didnt let us use half of the campsites of an already small group camp.

This year we are solving those two issues by camping at the Events Center. More than enough room for 100+ people, and since its private property alcohol is allowed.

With that said, WE DO NOT CONDONE CONSUMING ANY ALCOHOL WHILE ON ANY TRAIL RIDES OR WHILE ON PUBLIC ROADS. Once the day is over and you are in for the night.. then by all means have fun! (within reason)