P 0306 cylinder 6 misfire

Payson

Aug 14, 2017
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
I had a code telling me I had a bad upstream bank 1 o2 sensor, and running lean. Drove it a little until I was able to change the o2 and the P 0306 code showed up. The misfire is noticeable for sure. Pulled the plug, looked a little oily, not terribly, replaced it. No change, got an inline spark tester and I definitely have spark at the plug. all codes cleared but the misfire at this point. I am assuming, and maybe I shouldn't, that the spark at the inline tester tells me the wire and the coil are good. The next issue I can think of would be the injector. Would a seafoam treatment be a good idea for a possibly fouled injector? I ran seafoam in the tank (half a bottle to 1/2 a tank of gas) and then filled the tank up at about 1/4 with no seafoam. This has occurred about 1/2 way through that second tank.

Any ideas? do a a seafoam? Am I wrong on assuming the coil is good? Should I look at the injectors? anything else?

Help would be great.....

Payson

Aug 14, 2017
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Thanks, I've replaced plug, checked spark at the wire (using an inline tester, it has spark), did a vacuum test and vacuum is good and stable. No white smoke, but smell of unburnt fuel. Also sound is distinct resonating from the throttle body it seems. I am assuming a bad injector at this point, but will do a compression test to make sure something more serious is not present. funny thing, that is the only code I'm getting
Thanks for the response!

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
If you are getting pops up into the intake my guess is you have a mechanical issue.
Stuck valve, bad cam lobe but for sure a compression test is the first step.

Payson

Aug 14, 2017
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
turns out it was a blown gasket on the intake side of #6. Looking at the gasket and the condition of the bolt between 4 & 6, it looks like the bolt was not torqued properly on the last install. When I went back in with the the bolt in that hole, that bolt stripped the block thread. Now doing a time sert to continue.

Thanks for the reply!