The beauty of art is...

Rusty Shackelford

Mar 23, 2008
somewhere upstate
...that you can call anything art.

I came home from work the other day only to see this fugly, hideous, phallic nightmare staring me in the face. :mad:

fugly1.JPG

This once tranquil field of wildflowers, songbirds and whitetails makes up the view from my front windows. :( - The animals don't know what to make of "it" and don't come around anymore.

This shows the wider area messed up by this narcissistic asshole.

fugly2.JPG

You know? I was just saying the other day that I much prefer the site of giant, penis-shaped, unpainted toilet porcelain to that of nature, I wish there was more of it lying around arbitrarily in the wilderness.

:banghead:

2FUELS

We have a sculpture in our city park called the "shroud", it resembles a neatly stacked dung pile, $25k WELL spent!

emmodg

Apr 17, 2006
I think it says something about the duality of man. That we are civilized yet barbaric. That we feel yet are cold to the world. it speaks to me in a silent but grotesquely loud way that tugs at my heart and yet leaves my mind in utter numb wanting. The cold, the heat, war, peace.........I'm sorry, I must cry now.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
emmodg said:
I think it says something about the duality of man. That we are civilized yet barbaric. That we feel yet are cold to the world. it speaks to me in a silent but grotesquely loud way that tugs at my heart and yet leaves my mind in utter numb wanting. The cold, the heat, war, peace.........I'm sorry, I must cry now.

You complete me.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
nothin a pint of Jack Daniel's and a sledgehammer in the middle of the night can't solve.

Ol'Drippy

Apr 20, 2004
Chinoike Jigoku
Maybe if you start going over there, and have someone start snapping photos of you doing nasty things with the statue... the owner may take the thing down.. heck, just let him see you rubbing on it with that gleam in your eye, and maybe licking on it a bit:) Who knows, it may get the owner thinking about moving it elsewhere

2FUELS

Ol'Drippy said:
Maybe if you start going over there, and have someone start snapping photos of you doing nasty things with the statue... the owner may take the thing down.. heck, just let him see you rubbing on it with that gleam in your eye, and maybe licking on it a bit:) Who knows, it may get the owner thinking about moving it elsewhere

ummm, I now have an official case of the oogies :ack:

JohnK

Sep 28, 2004
Maryland
Is that duct tape on there?

Ride around and find some road kill. Leave the carcasses in front of the sculpture as if someone was performing animal sacrifices there.

Last edited:

Rusty Shackelford

Mar 23, 2008
somewhere upstate
:rofl: All great suggestions!

Actually it's not my land, hell, if it was I would have posted a "12 gauge vs. porcelain" video on youtube already. It isn't even the "artist's" land either, he gave it to a neighbor as a gift. Yeah, that's duct tape and packing foam on there - i guess they had to protect this priceless treasure for the arduous 50-yard journey from the barn to the field.

I can't predict the future, but I get this funny feeling that after the next thunderstorm, it won't be standing anymore.

akronk1

Apr 20, 2004
Danbury CT
Me thinks its an alien probe that fell off a scouting ship.
or perhaps u can sling some surgical tubing between the up-rights and lauch some melons

61rover

Aug 4, 2006
Denver, CO
It's not as bad as the new statue at Denver International Airport. It's a 32' high electric blue monstrosity with bright red LED eyes.

By the way, it fell over on the artist and killed him before it was installed at the airport.

Attachments

• 436069515_t600.gif
    436069515_t600.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 436069068_t600.gif
    436069068_t600.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 37