D2 part truck value

Dexlen

Sep 17, 2008
Hi,
I was just wondering if I could get any guidance on a fair price to pay for D2 with a blown engine? I may have the opportunity and I was hoping to find out from some of the resellers here what is the approximate value of parting one out.
It's green, looks like it has definately got some off-road time and rust.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Drillbit

Oct 12, 2005
Glasgow Ky
a grand is kind of the magic number, though in the spirit of Dweb i suggest you offer him 47 bucks and three bags of empty beer cans.

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
Dexlen said:
Hi,
I was just wondering if I could get any guidance on a fair price to pay for D2 with a blown engine? I may have the opportunity and I was hoping to find out from some of the resellers here what is the approximate value of parting one out.
It's green, looks like it has definately got some off-road time and rust.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Are you looking to get some parts from this vehicle? If not, unless you're time has no value, you should forget about it. The money to be made selling parts will not even come close to being worth the effort unless you're also getting some needed parts out of the deal. BTDT several times. Parting out one vehicle at a time will never net you very much. Also consider whether the parts you plan to keep from it are typically high-demand parts that would constitute most of the money you could potentially get back out of it.

d1driver

Oct 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
You aren't gonna get a good answer without providing further details, like price, actual condition, does it need just an engine, how many miles on it, the year, etc. Is it worth a new engine install?

Dexlen

Sep 17, 2008
rofl... that is some solid math right there

Thanks for all the input so far.

It is green, decent exterior and interior. Engine lower end is trash, would have to be replaced. Rest of driveline is fine AFAIK. No significant damage but it has been offroaded so some definite trail-striping

Stock.

Thanks again