Towing procedure for 04 D2

gthphotography

Aug 27, 2008
chicago
www.greghanrahan.com
Hey guys.
Here?s the situation:

My truck was towed. I believe that it was dragged out of its spot by its read wheels and then driven about 5-10 miles like that.

1) would it even tow that way

2) what would happen to it if it were towed that way

3)what do I look for when I pick it up before I turn it over and attempt to drive it

4)will it even be drivable

Thank you for your quick responses.

Greg

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
Tow truck drivers are generally smart enough to realize what a vehicle needs. (I'm sure there are exceptions)

To answer your questions:

1) No, it would drag.
2) Flat spots on tires, lots of screeching, unsafe towing condition with your vehicle drifting behind the truck.
3) If you were parallel parked between other cars, they probably dragged it out into the street and put dollies under the wheels for transport. This is pretty standard procedure where I'm from. I'd be more wary of body damage caused by loading/unloading.
4) Yes - I'm sure it will be fine. Tow truck drivers are smart enough to realize when they're creating unnecessary trouble for themselves.

pdogg

Jul 18, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
are you certain is was "dragged" ? seems excessive and opens up the towing company to liability. As mentioned, they should know better.

BarryO

May 15, 2018
Bend, OR
Tow truck drivers are smart enough to realize when they're creating unnecessary trouble for themselves.

Would they be creating any trouble for themselves? I know in at least some States, if you park illegally, any damage done when it is removed is on you.

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
Would they be creating any trouble for themselves? I know in at least some States, if you park illegally, any damage done when it is removed is on you.

Put yourself in their spot. Even if you're legally in the right, do you want someone coming and yelling in your office, leaving shitty yelp reviews, and giving you a hard time because you didn't take the time to use dollies towing their shitbox? Probably not.

BarryO

May 15, 2018
Bend, OR
Put yourself in their spot. Even if you're legally in the right, do you want someone coming and yelling in your office, leaving shitty yelp reviews, and giving you a hard time because you didn't take the time to use dollies towing their shitbox? Probably not.

When I lived in LA, I had a car stolen. When I went to the impound lot, the staff did their best to let me and everyone else who came in know that they didn't give a rat's ass what we thought. 'don't think they'd care who was yelling at them through their bullet-proof glass.

Using dollies would make their towing job faster and easier, so they probably used them. But not because they cared about the owner.

gthphotography

Aug 27, 2008
chicago
www.greghanrahan.com
So the truck is fine.
I trust no one to be smart enough to handle my vehicle correctly (multiple times i had to send trucks back for flat beds)
They threatened me with physical violence when I questioned them.
Fuck them.
They might know the correct procedure for towing a land rover but that doesn't mean they are going to follow the rules.
Low life cretins.

Drillbit

Oct 12, 2005
Glasgow Ky
Why did they tow you?

So the truck is fine.
I trust no one to be smart enough to handle my vehicle correctly (multiple times i had to send trucks back for flat beds)
They threatened me with physical violence when I questioned them.
Fuck them.
They might know the correct procedure for towing a land rover but that doesn't mean they are going to follow the rules.
Low life cretins.

gthphotography

Aug 27, 2008
chicago
www.greghanrahan.com
So where I live I have to put a parking tag in my truck to not get towed.
And in my tired stupidness, I wrote January instead of July and they towed me.
I'm cool with it, my mistake. Dummy.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
So where I live I have to put a parking tag in my truck to not get towed.
And in my tired stupidness, I wrote January instead of July and they towed me.
I'm cool with it, my mistake. Dummy.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

A friend of mine ran into that when he decided to go back to college and finally complete his degree.

He showed up to the campus, and parked in the visitor's lot. He then went in to find an advisor. When he came back out to grab something or another, his vehicle wasn't towed, but it had been ticketed and a fine was owed.

When he went back in to ask why, the person at the desk informed him that a parking pass was needed. When he asked where he was to get one, the response was that they are handed out at that desk.

Nowhere between entering the campus or that desk mentioned parking permits. Only when he asked was it mentioned. Honestly, I thought he missed something, so I went to look, but his story was on point.

The question then becomes: How do you get a pass if a pass is required to get the pass?

It's kind of like buying scissors that come in packages that require scissors to open. :rofl:

Cheers,

Kennith