RRC external front upper shock mount

Flyfish

Oct 29, 2004
St. Louis
Has anyone fabricated their own external front upper shock tower to replace that big factory cone that is bolted on? I've only seen an external mount as part of a dual shock set up attached above the coil spring.

Something that would work with an "eye" shock end and maybe even adjustable.

Seems like it shouldn't be too difficult to design and fabricate so wasn't sure if anybody has.

Thanks

Flyfish

Oct 29, 2004
St. Louis
Thought I saw the QT on those so I did a search but nothing came up. Dammit! Should be a pretty easy DIY project. That's why I figured there would be others out there.

These are the adaptors I currently have to convert from a post to an eyelet. Just not adjustable.

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
I think I still have a set of those QT converters, I'll have to check this weekend.

If Todd wants the uppers and not the lowers(due to factory lower mounts) let me know. Someone was trying to rape me on the lowers so I only bought the uppers before.

Flyfish

Oct 29, 2004
St. Louis
I think I still have a set of those QT converters, I'll have to check this weekend.

Hey John! I think I remember riding in your blue disco in the middle of the night at MAR (05 or 06??). Everyone was winching up that big ass hill. I still want those Mach wheels!!

Let me know if you dig anything up.

Brett, I'm using these adaptors on top and bottom externally. They fit fine inside the upper factory black cone. But obviously you can't adjust height.

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
Hey John! I think I remember riding in your blue disco in the middle of the night at MAR (05 or 06??). Everyone was winching up that big ass hill. I still want those Mach wheels!!

Let me know if you dig anything up.

Brett, I'm using these adaptors on top and bottom externally. They fit fine inside the upper factory black cone. But obviously you can't adjust height.

Are you mounting those to the stock RRC external lower pin mounts? I want the lowers John has because they mount to the radius arm bolts for vehicles that don't have the integrated external lowers.

Flyfish

Oct 29, 2004
St. Louis
Are you mounting those to the stock RRC external lower pin mounts? I want the lowers John has because they mount to the radius arm bolts for vehicles that don't have the integrated external lowers.

Yep. Works perfectly.

Last edited: