Darien Gap
As close as we're going to get.

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/trx-4/

Traxxas-TRX-4-trail-truck-3-640x300.jpg

Last edited:

Greg Davis

Apr 20, 2004
Charlotte, NC
That thing is beautiful! I've always loved the off road RC stuff (dating back to the original Tamiya Sand Scorcher and Rough Riders) but got away when everything started looking very toy-ish. Traxxis has started nailing the authentic scale look of rigs. This is the LAST thing I need to be thinking about(!).:eek:

Greg

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
That thing is beautiful! I've always loved the off road RC stuff (dating back to the original Tamiya Sand Scorcher and Rough Riders) but got away when everything started looking very toy-ish. Traxxis has started nailing the authentic scale look of rigs. This is the LAST thing I need to be thinking about(!).:eek:

Greg

You could mold your own body if needed. Hell, with 3d printers anything is really possible now-a-days. Traxxas does, in fact, still make very quality stuff.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
I built an Axial SCX10 Dingo a couple years ago and it was extremely satisfying to spec out and build. I haven't used it much but I'm sure it will be a big hit once my boy is 4 or 5 years old. It was my project to occupy my time when he was a newborn.

az_max

Apr 22, 2005
You can build them to look realistic or huge rock crawler style. I prefer a more stock look:

14207500602_e55f0ae2ac_c.jpg

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005
I wonder if I can get miniature XZLs for one.

Definitely have to lose the mall crawler Chevy truck bumper and put a CT replica on there. Needs a winch line, too.