Savannah...

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Anyone on here around Savannah? Moving there from DC area late June. Just looking for some info/suggestions. Have the specifics, just pm for detailed info if you can.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
Anyone on here around Savannah? Moving there from DC area late June. Just looking for some info/suggestions. Have the specifics, just pm for detailed info if you can.

Instead buy a place on Hilton Head, sit on the beach and play golf the rest of your days.

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
Instead buy a place on Hilton Head, sit on the beach and play golf the rest of your days.

After visiting HHI for the first time a few weeks ago thinking it'd be a larger St Simons but I was very underwhelmed. Probabaly set the wrong expectations but generally lacked character.

Savannah is pretty cool. Dated a girl from there who was extremely stuck up but won't hold that against the City as a whole. Be prepared for ungodly humidity

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
After visiting HHI for the first time a few weeks ago thinking it'd be a larger St Simons but I was very underwhelmed. Probabaly set the wrong expectations but generally lacked character.

Savannah is pretty cool. Dated a girl from there who was extremely stuck up but won't hold that against the City as a whole. Be prepared for ungodly humidity

Depends what your expectations were. HHI is full of Character. Maybe we're talking about two different Hilton head Islands....

I see your in SC now. Your used to the tress, beaches, climate and that sort of thing. I can see why you'd say that. Coming from anywhere else in the US HHI is unique.

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
Depends what your expectations were. HHI is full of Character. Maybe we're talking about two different Hilton head Islands....

I see your in SC now. Your used to the tress, beaches, climate and that sort of thing. I can see why you'd say that. Coming from anywhere else in the US HHI is unique.

Point taken. Not saying it's not nice, just very different from what I had expected

msggunny

Aug 3, 2007
Holly Ridge, NC
Love that city, used to go down there 6 times a year for "work". Lots to do, river walk is cool. There is a cool bar dedicated to the 75th Ranger Regiment (with other stuff too). Sat upstairs one night drinking with the owner one night, dude is cool as hell. Never served, but loves the military. Drinks a lot too.....

Anyways, didn't help much. I'm just pissed that we moved our stuff to another city.

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Good times in Savannah; just got back. That icee was pretty good. Cool live music at that square. Definitely a ton of history.