4 Jerry Cans and Two Water Cans?

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
The _really_ tough choice becomes - where do you mount the RTT?

Well, when 'Dcaven' gets his trailer we'll be able to discuss that. I think the trailer would be the best solution to keep wind drag down (during the tornado).

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Mongo. You are a pretty tough guy online. I am asking questions because I do not know the answers. If I did, I wouldn't be asking. Why is everyone else civil except you. I don't mind being wrong but you are an ass. Would love to meet you in person. My address is 649 N Post Oak Ln, Houston TX . Stop by and we will see how things work out for you. You Fuck.

Well... That was stupid. At least send it via PM.

Cheers,

Kennith

Mongo

Apr 19, 2004
I don't get where I was that rude, hes 3rd on my list of stops when I go cross-country on the "I'm a badass behind the keyboard" tour...how stupid to post a addres

ERover82

Nov 26, 2011
Darien Gap
2 level roof rack. Overland AF.

Skywalker-Sports-Sports-Modular-Jungle-Gym-Combo-Set.jpg

dcaven

Nov 16, 2007
Houston, TX
Olip. Thank you. Also, thank you to the people who pointed out why that much weight on the roof is not a good idea. That was the kind of information I was looking for. The bullshit insults i can live without. Not sure why it isn't sufficient to make an argument. I guess some people need to feel superior.

HiSPL

Aug 28, 2016
College Station , TX
Olip. Thank you. Also, thank you to the people who pointed out why that much weight on the roof is not a good idea. That was the kind of information I was looking for. The bullshit insults i can live without. Not sure why it isn't sufficient to make an argument. I guess some people need to feel superior.

Our collective, sufficient, argument is that it's a stupid idea. For all the reasons pointed out already, but mainly hurricanes don't sneak up on you over night. How about you buy 20 gallons of gas and keep it in the garage. In December you can *slowly* pour it into your gas tank a gallon at a time so the old rotten fuel doesn't fuck up your truck. When it's run out, wait until May or so to buy another 20 gallons. There is absolutly no reason to cart this dead weight around on your truck all the time.

Or, maybe the real reason is that you want to look like Johnny fucking Operator with jerry cans hanging all over your mall crawler. I don't know. Here's the real question: How many "zombie attack" items do you own?

Kenso

Aug 18, 2014
Wilmington NC
Lived through entire 1999 hurricane season in NC (Dennis, Emily, Gert, Floyd, and Irene), drove across the state right before and after hurricanes, and never ran out of fuel. Must be a Texas thing.

I left Wilmington and went to Raleigh for Hurricane Floyd, stations weren't necessarily out of gas but the power was out nearly everywhere for a good while afterwards, so it amounted to the same thing in the days after the storm. That's about the main reason I could see for taking some extra fuel with you, or if you need it for a generator in the aftermath. Doesn't mean you need to ride around with gas cans 24/7 but I can see the practicality in having extra gas on hand in the aftermath of a sizable storm.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Been fun.

If I had a dollar for every time I've seen this before on Discoweb I could buy a new jerry can. The predictable plot line goes like this:

1. Someone doesn't like the responses he gets to a post
2. Discussion descends into insults
3. Original poster proclaims he is leaving
4. The thread goes on
5. Original poster returns despite insisting that he is done with this forum, tries to get the last word in
6. The thread goes on

Sometimes #5 and #6 continue on spin cycle for weeks.

If you're going to ignore this forum, then do what you say you are going to do. If you are going to stick around and benefit from the useful information (albeit often contained within some crap), then learn to stop taking this personally. Nobody ever cares whether the original poster stays or leaves. Just make a decision and stick with it.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Tropical Storm Cindy is making landfall, heading for Texas. Wonder if homeboy had enough days of advance warning to fill his gas tank (and jerry cans) and drive his Disco away from the storm at 10mpg?

News article in Houston Chronicle

"Tropical Storm Cindy formed earlier this week near the Yucatan Peninsula and was expected to move inland near the Texas-Louisana line, shifting the worst of the heavy rains and flooding away from Houston and into southern Louisiana and Mississippi."

Jan 25, 2010
your moms bed
Mongo. You are a pretty tough guy online. I am asking questions because I do not know the answers. If I did, I wouldn't be asking. Why is everyone else civil except you. I don't mind being wrong but you are an ass. Would love to meet you in person. My address is 649 N Post Oak Ln, Houston TX . Stop by and we will see how things work out for you. You Fuck.

Wow are you dumb.