DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

Old 01-12-2018, 04:26 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
It's not that he said they live in a shithole...it's that they, the people themselves, are shit.

Why else would he say the brown people (Haiti, Africa) are from shitholes, but those nice Norwegians can come.

It just reinforces that Trump is a racist - he and his dad demonstrated that in the slums they owned in the 70s, he actions after Charlottesville, and yesterday.
Did he actually say that? That the people are shit? I think there's more than a little conjecture going on here.

I think (again, pure conjecture here) that he was talking more about our bullshit immigration policy with the games like lotteries and chain migration that let tons of undesirables in.

Let's be honest here. Who do you want living in your community with you? An illiterate family of 25, half with AIDs, that will need housing, food, and medical attention; or a few select educated individuals that are ready willing and able to be productive members of your community? Yes, Trump stereotyped and associated Haiti with the undesirables and Norway with the desirables. Is he wrong about that? Or should we all pretend that it isn't so?
Old 01-12-2018, 04:30 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Matt;
Dick Durbin was there, and said that was a direct quote.
(http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ateful-remarks)
Jeff Flake talked to folks that were there, and said that's what they related.

Given who was in the room, and the history of commentary, does anyone really think he didn't say it?

Now whether or not you agree with it-and where that falls out on how you view the idea of the United States, is a different discussion completely. (I don't mean you Matt, I meant the collective).
It's good that everybody is focusing on the content relayed thru dick that should have stayed behind closed doors rather than the garbage immigration policy deal the dems presented. The population might have realized the democrats care only about votes and not the betterment of the nation.

It's also good that reporters asked Trump if he was racist at an MLK park announcement. Lol@ #themedia
Old 01-12-2018, 04:32 PM

Prediction Time:

If no deal is not made Trump will let the government shut down. During this time he will make public the specifics on the how and why, then off to court of Public Opinion. He will post videos, Twitter messages and most likely a website that very plainly lays out why an agreement was not reached. He will walk away from the talks. Good news, he will only walk away if the demands are not reasonable, that's why I highly doubt Trump is an idiot. He will, in fact, use every possible resource he can get his hands on.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
At this point I think he wanted both sides to see his authoritative nature. He did this on purpose, basically saying I don't care what party you're from get this deal done. If you think about the meeting it was a golden opportunity to do so. After the meeting some didn't like the style, understandably so for men with big egos that have been in the business much longer than Trump. Cue, leak.

Don't forget, we just heard possibly one line from a long agenda.
Stirring the pot to stir action? Hmm..
Old 01-12-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERover82 View Post
Stirring the pot to stir action? Hmm..
I wouldn't say stirring the pot Eric, I say he's laying groundwork. Could be wrong, it may blowup, could be right too.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:45 PM

Member Trucks
Also thanks to Obama, there is a list of DACA folks. Dick effectively just sentenced them to never achieving their dream. Biggest mustache ever.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
Also thanks to Obama, there is a list of DACA folks. Dick effectively just sentenced them to never achieving their dream. Biggest mustache ever.
Good point, don't think Trump won't be all over that if there's a shutdown.

The more I think about it that's a very good point. That was a fucktwat thing for Dick to do.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:54 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
Good question, from what I've heard some on the right thought it was a joke, seriously, a joke. I'm with Blue though, Trump says what no one else would dare say, not the first president to do this either.
So two Senators took the time to iron out a deal, took it to the President-and others thought it was a joke is your rationale for how this is...whatever it is?

That POTUS says things nobody else would is not really a characteristic to be admired-my drunk uncle says stuff like that too, and he's just an asshole (who is wrong about many things, and not all that smart). Maybe my drunk uncle should be President too since he has admirable characteristics for your portion of the electorate.

I'd say what it isn't though is leadership for the whole country commensurate with our role in the world.

I know that's serious though, and we should just joke about things. So with that in mind, since you think I'm too serious, I'll post another link to satire that you don't seem to enjoy as much as I do: https://politics.theonion.com/trump-...ust-1819579581
Trump Insists That Now, More Than Ever, Americans Must Stand Strong In Face Of Empathy

In case you were wondering, perhaps reviewing this may explain why some don't agree on the hardline immigration stance (aside from the economic benefit, indeed necessity, for immigration)....character matters:
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:58 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
It's good that everybody is focusing on the content relayed thru dick that should have stayed behind closed doors rather than the garbage immigration policy deal the dems presented. The population might have realized the democrats care only about votes and not the betterment of the nation.

It's also good that reporters asked Trump if he was racist at an MLK park announcement. Lol@ #themedia
Why should that remain behind closed doors-is it some privilege for the Senate to talk to the President about legislation that must be maintained in confidence?

It was a bipartisan deal, unless you think Lindsay Graham was co-opted....and the other GOP folks were there to what-conduct an intervention? Sure, some folks may not like all of it-on both sides (that's called compromise though, it is part of the deal living in a democratic republic) but that doesn't make it garbage-it makes it a proposal.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:10 PM

Member Trucks
Yeah. He said put x and x and x and x. The lame assed Republicans thought ohhh we get a pinch of what we want. The Dems very everything they want. This is a real deal. Trump says no and ruibs it with one question.

The language of what they said in that meeting should stay there. Do you repeat bad words from staff meetings?
Old 01-12-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
So two Senators took the time to iron out a deal, took it to the President-and others thought it was a joke is your rationale for how this is...whatever it is?
Do you understand why they thought it was a joke? The terms were sided and some items went directly contrary to what the president said were non-negotiables, chained migration for instance. You may say non-negotiables are bad, however, this actually opens up a door for the democrats to bring other chips to the table. They really screwed the goose here. Did they even care about the DACA Kids? I say they but it was really Dick. Dick lived up to his name I suppose.

What's crazy is that I agree with you on the matter, a deal needs to be made. I just don't think you will ever see how this could have been prevented. As usual, blame Trump.

And this is why nothing gets done in DC, why no arguments are never won and why there is such a divide. The bias and in fighting are entrenched. When I talk about not liking DC this has a lot to do with it Ray. Can't even agree on what they agree on.

Last edited by brian4d; 01-12-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:27 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
In case you were wondering, perhaps reviewing this may explain why some don't agree on the hardline immigration stance (aside from the economic benefit, indeed necessity, for immigration)....character matters:
Wow, you are so enlightened and so liberal. Please give Bette Midler a kiss good night for me.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Wow, you are so enlightened and so liberal. Please give Bette Midler a kiss good night for me.
yea, fuck it

lets just tear the statue of liberty down
Old 01-12-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
You shouldn't say things like that here.. People will think you're gay.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbrox View Post
yea, fuck it

Imagine what we could build with all that scrap copper.. maybe a wall?
Old 01-12-2018, 07:05 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbrox View Post
yea, fuck it

Awww, did someone's feelings get hurt?

How many Haitian refugees live in your neighborhood?

Would I be even a teensy bit correct if I said that you believe in immigration, refugees, etc. just so long as it's not in your backyard? Don't publicly answer here, just think about it for a minute.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:35 PM

What kind of neighborhood do you think a Haitian immigrant can afford to live in? I'm guessing the kind where the immigrant worries about the locals more than they worry about the Haitian.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:01 PM

Member Trucks
Did we tear down the Statue of Liberty when we tightened immigration laws in the early 20th century? When we were open to northern Europeans but basically closed to Asians? Or closed to those unable to support themselves? Or later when we focused on family members or professionals or artists? There has never been an absolutely open door and there never should be. Let me rephrase that....there has never been an open legal door to immigration and there never should be. Now it's time to close the wide open illegal door as well.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:05 PM

Lookup Ted Kennedy immigration Act of 1965.

Hell, here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigr...ty_Act_of_1965
Old 01-12-2018, 08:23 PM

I'm just going to put this here, thank me later.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:33 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
Yeah. He said put x and x and x and x. The lame assed Republicans thought ohhh we get a pinch of what we want. The Dems very everything they want. This is a real deal. Trump says no and ruibs it with one question.

The language of what they said in that meeting should stay there. Do you repeat bad words from staff meetings?
So it's Graham's fault apparently? Cause he is in the GOP-I love how impotent you guys are...the big bad Democrat party has y'all just twisted. Yet you call them snowflakes?

As far as staff meetings go; this wasn't that. In a staff meeting it's for someone who people all work for. The Senate doesn't work for the President; they work with him. Zero obligation to keep things quiet, especially if the comments are reprehensible.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:55 PM

Quote:
So it's Graham's fault apparently? Cause he is in the GOP-I love how impotent you guys are...the big bad Democrat party has y'all just twisted. Yet you call them snowflakes?

As far as staff meetings go; this wasn't that. In a staff meeting it's for someone who people all work for. The Senate doesn't work for the President; they work with him. Zero obligation to keep things quiet, especially if the comments are reprehensible.
Bullshit, Durban ran his mouth. Don't skate. What kind of talk do you suspect happens at the Capitol Hill Club? Hell, Democrats are prob. worse than Trump behind closed doors.

Holier than thou.

Durban, single handedly threw a verbal hand grenade into the talks, it could have been prevented. The DACA kids future is now in bigger jeopardy. I still think Trump can pull it off, no thanks to the dems though.

What truly amazes me about you (and why I keep coming back to chat) is how truly great you think you are, what high moral authority you have. Time for the Democrats to save the world! What's even worse is that it kinda comes off as a joke, until I realize you're serious. I'm not being mean or nasty Ray, that's just how I see it. Outside of politics I'm sure it could be different. Politics do bring the worst out in many, at least, from what I've seen in my lifetime. I'm not excluded.

Last edited by brian4d; 01-13-2018 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:10 AM

Member Trucks
Quote:

How did what I posted read differently than it's the faults of all who worked on that deal that their deal got pee pee schwacked?

Fascinating response otherwise. So that's how it works. Dick Durbin will go down as the biggest douche of this latest escapade. I just can't wait to see what the next attempt at bringing down Trump will be. It has been hilarious to watch the reactions of the left and the fake-middle at everything Trump says and does. The fact that the Left and the Media try so hard when he does enough stuff himself with Tweets. You do know he tweeted the reason he's not going to the UK/US embassy event was because he didn't support the deal/decision made by the Obama admin. It was the Bush admin in reality. Could have focused the hate there instead it's on such reprehensible language. Well if it's so reprehensible then maybe those potential immigrants would be better off in the countries they are in because they aren't so bad after all, are they?

What I find most pathetic is that people can't get past the comment and look at the reality. The Democrats pushed a plan that was not the best attempt to improve America. They pushed a plan that deep down is solely about increasing the Democrat voting base. Lambaste the source all you want, but this is reality. http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/08/le...toral-success/

It'll be interesting to see how people vote in the future. Do they actually care about comments like this or do they care about folks on the left like Pelosi saying the lower and middle class $1k bonuses from their employers are small potatoes and meaningless. Do they care that the left is putting so much effort into the 800,000 DREAMers but nobody else? This is why HRC lost and you don't even realize it.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Pelosi saying the lower and middle class $1k bonuses from their employers are small potatoes and meaningless.
I saw this and it made me sick. My wife and I will enjoy her 1K bonus, made our savings account a bit happier. No, it's not a lot, but it's something. And to many more it's HUGE. Pelosi is an out of touch moron.

and she's Hollier than thou. Her little comment just proved it.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:55 AM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
Holier than thou.

What truly amazes me about you (and why I keep coming back to chat) is how truly great you think you are, what high moral authority you have. Time for the Democrats to save the world! What's even worse is that it kinda comes off as a joke, until I realize you're serious. I'm not being mean or nasty Ray, that's just how I see it. Outside of politics I'm sure it could be different. Politics do bring the worst out in many, at least, from what I've seen in my lifetime. I'm not excluded.
What's interesting is that I don't think I have any moral authority; what I find amazing is that you-and your ilk-believe you do, and embody that with your choice for president.

You can be serious as you want, have you tried a mirror recently and realized what you are in full throated defense of? Take stock, as it is a measure of you.

Here's the funny thing-I do think that, on the balance, Democrats are standing for more of what this country is about than the GOP. It isn't that the stand for so much, it's that RINOs stand for so amazingly little these days. That you can type holier than thou without recognizing the scathing irony would be unfathomable were it not so evident that you firmly believe that your views carry some kind of righteous value.

I think they are nearly devoid of it, and have told you why-which results more in attacks on me than on explanations for why your perspective has merit.

Durban wasn't alone, you guys can blame the scary Dem all you want; or fault the deal, or whatever.

I'll fall back to what Graham apparently told the President when this happen: America is an idea, you want to talk ideas? I'm still waiting for you to describe how you came to view the Constitution the way you do. Go ahead though, attack me vice highlight your substance again.