'96 Discovery 1

WeBeCinYa

Feb 25, 2016
NC
'96 Discovery SD 5spd

Thinking of selling my '96 Disco. Not getting the time to play with it with all the other irons I have in fire.

'96 D1 with 135K miles
SD with cloth, 5spd, no sunroofs
2in lift with mud terrain tires with 75% tread
New fan clutch
All electrical work except rear windows-need bypass
COLD A/C, heat works fine
All fluids changed in May
Engine runs strong, never runs warm, takes mountain passes here with ease
SRS light only dashlight
Keyless entry works great
No rust, just dirty underneath
New Exmoor tan seat covers front/rear
Aftermarket CD player and sub in rear
Replaced all door panels with great condition ones from donor
It was repainted couple years ago, maaco did good job, kept original Willow Green

No known issues, I drove it from VA to western NC last spring no problem. Not perfect, has some scratches/scars but solid west coast/texas truck 90% of it's life. If I kept it I would likely replace clutch master/slave down the road-nothing urgent, drives fine. May need a front passenger window regulator as it's choppy when going up, but closes all the way.

Getting harder to find base 5spd. Not desperate to sell, but it just sits in garage.

Asking $6,500 OBO
Located in western NC, come drive it!

PM with inquiries. Can get additional photos of any areas.

Last edited:

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
Bump for Matt as I'm sure he spent a long time looking at a bunch of trucks before he bought this one. If it is anything like his D90, it is a very clean vehicle.

WeBeCinYa

Feb 25, 2016
NC
Bump for Matt as I'm sure he spent a long time looking at a bunch of trucks before he bought this one. If it is anything like his D90, it is a very clean vehicle.

Thanks bud, it's clean and super fun to drive. Just got too many things going on right now between family/work and need to downsize. Price is negotiable for those that have inquired.

KngTgr

May 20, 2005
Fairfax, VA
Do you have pictures of it outside? I have the exact same color, and am debating about a 2 " lift bith bigger tires

WeBeCinYa

Feb 25, 2016
NC
Bump. The poor thing is not getting any attention, needs a new home for someone who has the time to enjoy.

I will take additional pics this weekend and post.

Last edited:

WeBeCinYa

Feb 25, 2016
NC
Still got it, sorry for the delays on more pics, been slammed with work travel and family. I have some photos to upload, and will get some additional this weekend when I get back home. In the meantime if interested PM me and I can text them to you.