Kneeling NFL players

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
You act like these magical group plans will cut costs.

They've been in existence forever (BC\BS). Why has my insurance gone from $50/mo with $15 copays in 1997 to $170\mo and a $6000 deductible today?

How are these plans going to cut the cost of insuring from ~$12k\family to $4k?

What business model is hiding in the shadows to unlock this savings?

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
But real corporate group plans that work for real people that provide real affordable care accounts for nothing? Ray, you sound like a fool. I won?t go as far to say you are. When you have some real experience with real plans that help real people come back and we?ll talk.

And working the margins of what we have now? Are you kidding? You don?t have a clue about the private sector sir. No worries, there are pentagon workings that I?d have no clue. Perfectly normal.

Brian-
I like the step up in argumentation from the usual strange capitalization and broad statements; especially since I've used the same method on you regarding lack of first hand experience when we talk about other things-like the rest of the world outside the US, for example.

That said, you never addressed my rather simple questions-who is going to write the regulation, and who is going to provide oversight?

That's aside from your elementary level notions of how the economy works guised under the mantle of 'competition will fix everything, look at America! :patriot:'

To your point about the private sector though, take into account I'm not talking about this from a business perspective-you are correct there. This discussion is from a public policy perspective, since it effects everyone in the nation that's where it should be (and why we look to Congress to address it. Not executive orders that won't provide the panacea that you seem to believe it will; what is unclear is do you believe that because of your business acumen, education-or b/c Hannity told you?)

cheers-
Ray

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
Excuse the caps Ray, I’m on my phone zipping around the country. Memphis last week, Monroe MI now and Nashville next. I know this may be a longer piss contest for you but it’s not for me. The audit would be best run by a department such as the HHS, kind of like the FEC but more robust. You then need an outside private sector to audit as well, three layers in all. If one layer breaks down the others consult. I could draw you a flowchart but I’m not sure you would understand. Either way the 3 branches would keep each honest making sure of no lobby interest or price inflation was happening. About to jet off back to NC but I’m just getting started. Btw, I’m sure Medicare already has desks in place for this and know a thing or two. Like I said private industry with strong competition with public and private oversight. We do have one of the best healthcare systems in the world so we’ve done something right so far. Single payer and less option will destroy what we’ve built. I don’t take direction from anyone, I’m simply reiterating my personal private sector experience, unlike you Ray, who has zero.

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
Excuse the caps Ray, I?m on my phone zipping around the country. Memphis last week, Monroe MI now and Nashville next. I know this may be a longer piss contest for you but it?s not for me. The audit would be best run by a department such as the HHS, kind of like the FEC but more robust. You then need an outside private sector to audit as well, three layers in all. If one layer breaks down the others consult. I could draw you a flowchart but I?m not sure you would understand. Either way the 3 branches would keep each honest making sure of no lobby interest or price inflation was happening. About to jet off back to NC but I?m just getting started. Btw, I?m sure Medicare already has desks in place for this and know a thing or two. Like I said private industry with strong competition with public and private oversight. We do have one of the best healthcare systems in the world so we?ve done something right so far. Single payer and less option will destroy what we?ve built. I don?t take direction from anyone, I?m simply reiterating my personal private sector experience, unlike you Ray, who has zero.

Brian-
Don't confuse this with an intellectual exercise, it's barely a coherent discussion most of the time.

I'm not sure what you describe is a flow chart-maybe a coloring book project.

I do find it interesting you tout your personal private sector experience-but you've never actually pointed out how much that is in any substantive way, just allusions to grandeur.

Your comment about having the best health care system in the world is true; on a very limited scale for a subset of the population. Not the bulk. Maybe you don't see that in the circles you are in, though you claim to be a man of the people I think you might be far more isolated than you claim.

What I'll leave you with is the reflection that-when there is as much $ involved as there is with the health care industry, what your proposal would likely result in is akin to what is seen in the financial markets. Regulation of them by outside entities are fairly easily coopted because if you have enough intelligence to navigate the intricacies of it to regulate it the companies in question will heavily incentivize you to come work for them to avoid the regulation.

At least that's what the folks on Wall Street say.
Which I'm sure you know, given all your experience.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
Ray,

I’m sorry you have a rough time with our conversations, there are things that even double Masters degrees don’t teach unfortunately.

You may find it interesting the system I’ve described is already in use by our major financial institutions. This sytem oversee the most intimate details of your financial well-being that can make you or break you. Some may even consider the system more important than healthcare, after all money rules everything, even democrats Ray. Just look at the Clinton Uranium deal.

Oh, Rands on board looks like. Have a great weekend sir. Tell your professors hi for me!

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
Ray,

I?m sorry you have a rough time with our conversations, there are things that even double Masters degrees don?t teach unfortunately. !

Who is having a rough time? Did someone say that?

You may find it interesting the system I?ve described is already in use by our major financial institutions. This sytem oversee the most intimate details of your financial well-being that can make you or break you. Some may even consider the system more important than healthcare, after all money rules everything, !
You may find it interesting to read what I wrote, as I alluded to what you have now pointed out-the system our major financial institutions use, that you speak of, I've had 1v1 discussions with senior leadership of those financial institutions that pointed out exactly what I said to you: if you are smart enough to regulate, you are worth them cherrypicking to avoid regulation. I know that's difficult to fathom, but its how the business world actually works in the big leagues. Somehow I know that from my interaction with them, guess you just haven't gotten that far yet?

...even democrats Ray. Just look at the Clinton Uranium deal. !

Literally has nothing to do with the convo, other than illustrating how you flutter to the beck and call of conservative snowflake talk radio's daily distraction talking points.

Focus.

Oh, Rands on board looks like. Have a great weekend sir. Tell your professors hi for me!

May want to do some more reading. I know that's hard, but dig a little deeper. Paving the way for the opportunity is not like achieving it-something that should be clear now given how often we've been through this drill.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...91dd830fb041a74e75e3a/?utm_term=.c9cc6b31ef11
Oh, and even if you get a tax bill written (far from assured), the idea that you can talk about it and say fiscal conservatism at the same time is rather amusing.

Anytime you want to come to school, offer still stands-except now I'm teaching, not taking but whatever. This is kind of like that Constitutional convo you wanted to have, till you got called on it. Lemme know.
r-
Ray

seventyfive

Jan 3, 2010
over there
Yeah, but you stand in line for an hour to have an E-4 with two years service time look at you then give you a Motrin.

Then when you're out you end up in the VA beauracracy.

you must've been army.

aviation+weapons+flight deck=front of the line! plus i was seen by a flight surgeon not corpsman...but corpsman were pretty damn good at their job.i miss those motrin horse pills, they must have been 1200mg a pop.

i've never been to the va. heard it's a shit show though.

AbnMike

Apr 6, 2016
Western Slope, CO
i've never been to the va. heard it's a shit show though.

Yeah I've got friends in the VA system. Whenever someone talks about government run healthcare I want them to be someone who has actually had government-run healthcare. If not they're just talking bullshit.

Healthcare is one area where I'd love to see reform, I don't want anything to do with insurance scams. I want to see people in hospital administrations jailed for charging $5 per tylenol, or $35 per pair of rubber gloves worn for 30 seconds.

Once that's done we can start talking about covering everyone. Anything less is just enriching insurance companies.

seventyfive

Jan 3, 2010
over there
come on man this is america. you never fix the root cause, you treat the symptom.

instead of enforcing immigration laws, we build a wall. instead of finding out why you're sad and fixing the cause, you get some goof balls. the goof balls make you constipated, so you get some goof ball induced constipation goof balls, on and on and on and on.

don't be blaming the good people at purdue pharma for selling their product at a competitive price, they are job creators!