The Kooks are Back

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
I know what you are, but what am I?

How about this: Instead of calling me names like a kindergartner, how about make a substantive statement? Ya know, like how the cases against the Bundy's AREN'T about pulling guns on federal officers, but is just about not paying grazing fees? Since that's your position.

Here, I'll help you out...here's the indictment. Show me where the charge is for not paying the fees.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
The hypocrisy of the right-wingnuts would be hilarious, if it wasn't so sad.

Inner city dude pulls a gun on a cop (hell, these days it appears you don't even have to have a gun) and gets shot?
The thug had it coming! We need to support the police!
vs
White guys wearing 5.10 clothes and carrying ARs point their guns at Federal LEOs?
They are perfectly within their rights! The government is oppressive! FREEDOM!

Clinton has some emails on a server? Illegal aliens can't get amnesty?
Lock her up! Deport them all! Because breaking the law is breaking the law!

vs
Guys break into and occupy a federal facility? Don't pay your federal taxes/fees? Threaten to kill federal officials? (all crimes)
They broke the law for the right reasons! We can ignore a despotic federal government! The feds have no authority (according to my interpretation of the Constitution)!

Give me a break...

Jan 3, 2005
On Kennith's private island
I know what you are, but what am I?

How about this: Instead of calling me names like a kindergartner, how about make a substantive statement? Ya know, like how the cases against the Bundy's AREN'T about pulling guns on federal officers, but is just about not paying grazing fees? Since that's your position.

Here, I'll help you out...here's the indictment. Show me where the charge is for not paying the fees.

Welcome to page 1, Scott. Try and keep up.

Jan 3, 2005
Jesus, Scott. You're a special kind of stupid.

The Feds had two cases open against the Cliven Bundy in 2014. Both stalled; one in the 9th court and the other in District court. There have been motions to reopen both cases.

Again, try and keep up.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
You mean this one in the 9th? The one that Bundy lost?

Motions by who? Bundy?

You keep saying how the feds are in trouble over the grazing fees, yet you provide zero proof. Every court case over grazing rights Bundy (and others) have been in, they've lost. Stop trying to say otherwise.

So unless you can show where suddenly the courts have agreed that Bundy has free reign to graze his cattle on Federal land (in fact, he's been PERMANENTLY banned from grazing on Fed land), STFU.

Jan 3, 2005
No, Scott. Try and keep up. If you're not interested just say so. No one will think any lesser of you. At this point you're just arguing to hear yourself argue. Go play with your wiener or tell kids to keep off your lawn or something if you need something to do.

Case 2:98-cv-00531 and 2:98-cv-00831

Go have a peek. But keep in mind this is just one of many. Brings to light, however, the shit show going on. To highlight, our federal government has spent $100,000,000 in legal fees against the Bundys and $300,000 to investigate cows eating grass.

If you want to go back to page 1, then that's a different set of cases altogether. I doubt you even understand that. It's still a fucking shit show. But keep counting those convictions. What are we up to now, Scott? Have you lost count? Or have you even been paying any attention? This has only been going on for how many years now? Pete Santilli has just been released and all motions dropped. Scott Drexler, Jason, Woods, Joe Robertson, Eric Parker, Ricky Lovelien, Steven Stewart........who's guilty of what? The feds keep tossing shit to the wall but thus far nothing has stuck. Nothing.

I'm not saying someone is not going to prison for the rest of their life. That very well may be true. But so far, and hundreds of millions of dollars later........nothing.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
Case 2:98-cv-00531 and 2:98-cv-00831

Go have a peek.
I did go have a peek. Guess what? Both of those cases are closed (You can go to this page, select search by name, enter Bundy. Theres a Cliven (-00531) and Clive (00831). CLicking those will bring up the status. Both are closed.).

Now go find an active case.

Keep trying Dan...but your ass is showing.

Oh, and $100MM? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
I'd be interested in where the calculation came from for the amount the gov't has spent. That document appears to be a defendant submission-and unsourced. Simply put it is a lot of zeros that doesn't quite make sense, even for something as absurd as these cases (looking up the Bundy's in case law is illuminating).

Jan 3, 2005
I'd be interested in where the calculation came from for the amount the gov't has spent. That document appears to be a defendant submission-and unsourced. Simply put it is a lot of zeros that doesn't quite make sense, even for something as absurd as these cases (looking up the Bundy's in case law is illuminating).

2014 Nevada court. When I have time I'll search the depositions for argument sake.

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
2014 Nevada court. When I have time I'll search the depositions for argument sake.

I was playing around today during a break just because diving through the myriad of cases just the Bundy's have been involved in is fascinating-and rather amusing at times (particularly when you start reading the affirmation of the court ruling to not allow certain lawyers and such).

This makes me want to go out there just to talk to folks to see how they really feel about it-not the fringes, but the rank and file folks just getting by. Never spent enough time in that part of the interior of the country.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
Jesus fuck you're an idiot.

I'm an idiot?

After 5 posts you finally post something relevant to your claim the govt is going to lose about grazing fees.

Unfortunately what you posted is a motion to reopen then case that was dismissed four years ago. Yeah. That's means the govt is in the ropes. :thehand:

And the $100MM (and $300MM ) claim has no reference. It's false on its face. That's the annual budget of a lot of agencies. Show some proof, not some random claim.

ERover82

Nov 26, 2011
Darien Gap
This makes me want to go out there just to talk to folks to see how they really feel about it-not the fringes, but the rank and file folks just getting by. Never spent enough time in that part of the interior of the country.

The ones I know here from eastern OR, say they're the rich entitled primadonnas of ranchers who believe it's their inalienable right to fuck the land endlessly and with impunity.

Edited to not confuse Dan.

Last edited:

emmodg

Apr 17, 2006
Who gives two shits what those idiots have or don?t have? Play stupid games win stupid prizes.