Shipping a vehicle

kade

Oct 15, 2013
Upstate, SC
Well, if you know how to time caffeine and nicotine to your advantage you can drive it in one straight shot. I did 1475 miles in close to 22 hours straight in a D1 that was lifted and on mud terrains. Sleep on that plane flight then get in and go.

If the truck is worth it the shipping is worth it. $3500 on the east coast might not be that nice of a truck in the end. At this point most of the value to be had is in the rust condition.

He sent me a bunch of pictures. Appears to be no rust. So possibly worth it. Especially to be a 5 speed. But it?s black. So that takes some away for me personally. It was listed as a 94 but the intake was obviously 96+ so I asked him and he was like, ?oh yeah it?s a 96?.

He?s just re selling it. ?Bought for a project,went another direction ? so he don?t know much about it. Which means who knows what you?d get.

It?s in boulder if anyone wants to get a black 5 speed. If it was someone on the forum I?d be more froggy

kade

Oct 15, 2013
Upstate, SC
He sent me a bunch of pictures. Appears to be no rust. So possibly worth it. Especially to be a 5 speed. But it?s black. So that takes some away for me personally. It was listed as a 94 but the intake was obviously 96+ so I asked him and he was like, ?oh yeah it?s a 96?.

He?s just re selling it. ?Bought for a project,went another direction ? so he don?t know much about it. Which means who knows what you?d get.

It?s in boulder if anyone wants to get a black 5 speed. If it was someone on the forum I?d be more froggy

Edit I don?t know what?s up with the ? In all my posts replacing the ?

signalMTB

Dec 30, 2015
Chattanooga TN USA
I have an escrow system built into my website if you want to use it, basically we would get the seller to agree to sell his truck through us, we take the money from you and hold it, he sends you the signed paperwork, then we release the funds to him once you receive that. We have a shipping partner as well if you need someone

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
1400 for a defender wouldn?t sound bad. That is not half the price of the car. If I were to pay 2500 for the truck then spend 1k on shipping it?s just such a high percentage of the trucks value. I think I?m just going to try wait for something closer to pop up.

Unfortunately the shipping price is dependent on vehicle value. I think I paid more because of location in Ca and also my truck is lifted with a roof rack. I shipped a Range Rover Classic from Southern California to Virginia 8-10 years ago and it was $800 or so.

kade

Oct 15, 2013
Upstate, SC
I have an escrow system built into my website if you want to use it, basically we would get the seller to agree to sell his truck through us, we take the money from you and hold it, he sends you the signed paperwork, then we release the funds to him once you receive that. We have a shipping partner as well if you need someone

Thanks for the info! Definitely will consider this should I end up having to ship something ! Good info for others as well I?m sure.

jhmover

Apr 23, 2004
California
Don't let them deliver it at night. I had a customer years ago. We shipped her car. The guy called her at 9PM to get the car. He had the passenger side along a fence. She signed for the car. When she got up the next morning and went out she could see the driver had scraped the passenger side of the car up. Normally a trucking company would tell you that you signed for as received it in good order and no we're not paying for it. Back then I used this company enough that I had some clout so I made some calls and got them to pay for the damage. Normally this would never happen.

AbnMike

Apr 6, 2016
Western Slope, CO
Just a plug for reference - when I moved from MT to WV I used a service called Extant Transport Services, Inc. out of Alexandria, VA 571-354-5893

Couldn't meet them to load it so just left the keys in it parked next to the house I sold. Couldn't meet them when they dropped it off so they put it in a hotel parking lot and put the key under the mat.

Picked up and dropped off when they said, no damages. Easy to deal with. Cost $1200.