02 Sensor Hell!

jbliii

Feb 10, 2018
New Hampshire
Having significant issues with P0154 / P0134 codes - have a constant SEL - have replaced all four 02 sensors - spliced in a different (used froim roverland parts) bank 1 front 02 connector - truck runs rough and is getting roughly 8 miles to the gallon - feels as if I have a cylinder not firing - am ready to pull the intake manifold, replace the plug wires, the plugs and the engine harness (nuke option 1), followed by the ECU (nuke option 2) if must but really hesitant as it simply can't be swapped and I don't have the gear to reprogram - guys, first, am pretty sure the harness has issues, am going to roverland to get a used harness - has anyone ever changed their entire harness? Second, before I do so are there known instructions for checking continuity?

John

P.S. My third Disco this one I purchased 6 months ago from AtantaOnWheels - OMG was I stupid!

The Fourth Amigo

Apr 20, 2009
When I first got my DII (10 years ago) I replaced all of the O2 sensors with Britpart units for the sake of maintenance. They were nothing but trouble, codes all the time. I sent them back, put the originals back in and I won't touch them again unless I get a CEL.

jbliii

Feb 10, 2018
New Hampshire
Thanks - yeah no issues with the other three - really think I have a wiring issue here - harness looks like it was repaired and only the front sensor is giving me issues - do appreciate the response!!!