DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

View Poll Results: How much did Russian meddling affect your vote?
My vote was severely impacted by Russian meddling. 5 16.13%
Russian meddling moderately affected my vote. 0 0%
My vote was unswayed by said meddling. 22 70.97%
I am uncertain to what extend my vote was meddled with. 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Bullshit, it is a well known fact Trump has been unfaithful to multiple spouses. Now you are just mitigating.

But that's ok, if you guys don't want others pointing out hypocrisy, then we have no issue-stop passing laws regulating behavior according to a minority's value set, right? (i.e. abortion)

To your point about guilty till proven innocent-that's exactly the mantra applied by the right to the left in the last election (still is, everyday), but you reject it when it is reciprocated?

Or is just the game being played?
I'm talking about a single accusation. You know that.

I've "heard" many times in the past that he was unfaithful to spouses, but he wasn't our President at the time, nor was he running, and it went right in one ear and out the other as precisely what it was: Irrelevant information.

No, man. No. You know what I'm on about with the innocence issue, and it's not just Trump. It's everyone on the chopping block. I refuse to believe you aren't entirely aware of the problem. You're too observant. You know damned well that freedom of speech on the more conservative side of this nation has been trampled upon entirely. You know this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

As for many of the things you suggest the "religious" push... I'm not religious, but I'm extremely well educated in the field, and was raised Roman Catholic.

Yeah, I'm pro-life, but I'm also a "positive eugenicist". That writes me right out of any group you think I might fall into. My views are controversial and antiquated in some ways. I hypothesize that life starts when life becomes inevitable without human intervention; and I believe the only lives worth saving are those of children; as they are the only innocent humans.

I've been on that particular battleground, and put my money where my mouth is and muscle where it needed to be at the time. It's got shit-all to do with religion.

If I was a politician, however, I'd spend time focusing on other issues. That one is a moral quagmire no matter how you look at it, and my proposed solution of encouraging positive breeding practices would go over like a fart in church. There is no correct answer to the question, as morality is a human construct, whether you believe in a god or not.

It comes down to who's stronger. In my mind, that person gets their way, and the other party can just shut the fuck up. I wouldn't dream of attempting to enforce those views on the nation, however. That's a question to which everyone has a different answer.

Cheers,

Kennith

Dan Chapman is a coward. I own a magical island.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:07 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Chapman View Post
And every world leader doesn't think too highly of Trump? You sure about that? Seems to me just last week one world leader claimed Trump should receive the Nobel Peace Prize. Maybe I dreamed that. Or maybe you just made that statement up and fit your narrative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
And another world leader praised Trump to his face, in front of the full press corps in the rose garden for his NK efforts.
Do you know what politics is? It's the art of being nice to people you hate.

Those world leaders are practicing it.

Unlike our tool in chief who disparages our closest allies (Australia, Germany, UK).

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Do you know what politics is? It's the art of being nice to people you hate.

Those world leaders are practicing it.

Unlike our tool in chief who disparages our closest allies (Australia, Germany, UK).
Another Scottisum made up on the fly to suit the narrative of today's topic. Stay tuned for another #fakenews story tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Do you know what politics is?
Yup, it starts with Trump as your president Scott.

Listen closely to how Present Buhari responds when ask how he felt about Trumps shit hole country comment.

Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 05-08-2018, 10:14 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Yup, it starts with Trump as your president Scott.

Listen closely to how Present Buhari responds when ask how he felt about Trumps shit hole country comment.

LOL. You do realize you just proved my point? One of those men has enough class and dignity to not insult the other. The other one looks like Jabba the Hut

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
LOL. You do realize you just proved my point? One of those men has enough class and dignity to not insult the other. The other one looks like Jabba the Hut
It's all you got left. Keep dig'in!
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 05-09-2018, 03:54 PM

Member Trucks
Just checking in to see if we are still seeing Russians behind every corner.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Just checking in to see if we are still seeing Russians behind every corner.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 05-10-2018, 12:44 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennith View Post
I'm talking about a single accusation. You know that.

I've "heard" many times in the past that he was unfaithful to spouses, but he wasn't our President at the time, nor was he running, and it went right in one ear and out the other as precisely what it was: Irrelevant information.

No, man. No. You know what I'm on about with the innocence issue, and it's not just Trump. It's everyone on the chopping block. I refuse to believe you aren't entirely aware of the problem. You're too observant. You know damned well that freedom of speech on the more conservative side of this nation has been trampled upon entirely. You know this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I'm talking about the body of evidence; and I don't make a distinction about one's character before they choose to run for office and their fitness for it after deciding to run for it-it's just their character (a metric the right uses for the left pretty much as a constant, so goose = gander)

To your point, I acknowledge that the right believes that 'freedom of speech' has been trampled on-what I don't accept is the merit of that argument. The perception of being the victim, the underlying anger of it all, and all it implies is actually the crux of where I take issue with 'modern' 'conservatism' in many ways. Its why I point out that the real RINOs are the ones who bask in the aforementioned hypocrisy and such-but more than that, I just enjoy watching them be little bitches about things yet touting their masculinity.

You too are far too observant not to notice this and see it; that's why I don't lump you in to anything but rather I appreciate the dialogue for the insight it offers.
r-
R
Old 05-15-2018, 09:21 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Funny...you didn't cite this:

U.S. judge dismisses Manafort's civil suit over Russia probe

In a court order tossing the suit, U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson said well-established legal principle makes it clear that defendants cannot file such lawsuits in an attempt to circumvent criminal procedures.
?A civil case is not the appropriate vehicle for taking issue with what a prosecutor has done in the past or where he might be headed in the future,? Berman wrote, adding that Manafort will have the ?opportunity to challenge any defects in the prosecution in the trial court or on direct appeal.?

We'll see what Ellis rules. ($20 says he tells Manafort to pound sand.)
Strike two:

Federal judge rejects Manafort's bid to dismiss Mueller indictment

Still waiting for Ellis. Manafort is still fucked though.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 05-16-2018, 01:21 PM
KN4KFS

Don Don is in some doo doo; and Kushner too.

Thousands of pages of congressional testimony shed light on 2016 Trump Tower meeting

Rinat Akhmetshin, a former Soviet soldier and Russian-American lobbyist who attended the meeting, told the committee that Trump Jr. had opened the session by getting straight to the point:

“ ‘I believe you have some information for us,’ ” Akhmetshin recalled the president’s son telling Veselnitskaya.

Goldstone testified that he too expected Veselnitskaya would deliver a “smoking gun” to help Trump’s campaign. He testified that he was embarrassed and apologetic when she instead used the session to press her view that the sanctions imposed on Russia for human rights abuses, known as the Magnitsky Act, should be lifted.

Goldstone said Kushner, then a top campaign adviser, was one of just three people who spoke during the meeting, interrupting Veselnitskaya at one point to ask her to refocus her presentation. Goldstone said he recalled that Kushner stayed for the entire meeting — contradicting Veselnitskaya’s public assertion the president’s son-in-law left early and never came back.

As for the president’s son, he told the committee he was disappointed that the Russian lawyer did not provide more information that could be used in the campaign: “All else being equal, I wouldn’t have wanted to waste 20 minutes hearing about something that I wasn’t supposed to be meeting about,” he told the committee.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 05-16-2018, 01:27 PM
KN4KFS

A busy day in Washington:

Russia favored Trump in 2016, Senate panel says, breaking with House GOP

Our staff concluded that the [intelligence community’s] conclusions were accurate and on point,” the panel’s vice chairman, Sen. Mark R. Warner (D-Va.), said Wednesday in a joint statement with Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), its chairman. “The Russian effort was extensive, sophisticated, and ordered by President Putin himself for the purpose of helping Donald Trump and hurting Hillary Clinton,” Warner continued.

“Everyone that we’ve ever had testify still stands by the full findings of the ICA,” Warner said Monday, referring to the intelligence community’s assessment. “We’ve had all the Obama officials, we’ve had all the Trump officials. Every person.”

And note: This is how a bipartisian committee is supposed to work to understand if a foreign power is trying to undermine our elections, not issues bullshit allegations with no supporting facts, and with input from the key agencies involved with protecting the US. Not gin up reports between two people (Gowdy, Nunes) with input from the people they are supposed to be investigating (Trump WH).

“I’m not sure that the House was required to substantiate every conclusion with facts,” Burr told reporters last week, when asked whether the Senate Intelligence Committee would also find fault with the intelligence community’s assessment. He promised the Senate panel would “have the facts to show for” its conclusions.

The committee’s review is not yet complete: On Wednesday, panel members huddled behind closed doors with former intelligence chiefs to discuss their impressions and conclusions. Former Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr., former CIA director John Brennan, and former National Security Agency director Adm. Mike Rogers were in attendance. Former FBI director James B. Comey also was invited.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 05-16-2018, 01:31 PM

Yawn.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:16 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
And every world leader doesn't think too highly of Trump? You sure about that? Seems to me just last week one world leader claimed Trump should receive the Nobel Peace Prize. Maybe I dreamed that. Or maybe you just made that statement up and fit your narrative.
Quote:
And another world leader praised Trump to his face, in front of the full press corps in the rose garden for his NK efforts.
From EU Council President Donald Tusk:
“Looking at the latest decisions of Donald Trump, someone could even think: With friends like that, who needs enemies?” Tusk told reporters in English ahead of a summit in Sofia, Bulgaria. “But, frankly speaking, Europe should be grateful by President Trump. Because, thanks to him, we got rid of all the illusions. He has made us realize that if you need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of your arm.”

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 05-16-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
From EU Council President Donald Tusk:
?Looking at the latest decisions of Donald Trump, someone could even think: With friends like that, who needs enemies?? Tusk told reporters in English ahead of a summit in Sofia, Bulgaria. ?But, frankly speaking, Europe should be grateful by President Trump. Because, thanks to him, we got rid of all the illusions. He has made us realize that if you need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of your arm.?
They've only been going at it for what, over two years?

First he attacked China. Then Russia. The the Middle East. Then Africa. Now he's back to Trump. The guy is a little Hilary Clinton.

Tusk can't get over the fact Trump liked the idea of Brexit. His pussy is about as sore as yours and he can't stop talking about it.

Yawn.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:26 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
The best part about all this, Mueller has not made a single public statement.

Yet the RINOs have lost their minds in pulling out all the stops because it is a witch hunt.

Everyday it is fantastic to watch the mental gymnastics take place.

Character, definitely worthy of a yawn.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
His pussy is about as sore as yours and he can't stop talking about it.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 05-16-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
The best part about all this, Mueller has not made a single public statement.

Yet the RINOs have lost their minds in pulling out all the stops because it is a witch hunt.

Everyday it is fantastic to watch the mental gymnastics take place.

Character, definitely worthy of a yawn.
That's because his office leaks it before Mueller can say it.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:43 AM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Those leaks aren't coming from Mueller, nor his team.

They're coming from the sieve that is this administration.
This is what happens when you bring in folks who watch too much TV, they make their life seem like an episode of House of Cards/Game of Thrones. Really it's more like Beavis and Butthead, or at best 'The Office, WH edition'
Old 05-17-2018, 11:44 AM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Worth leaving this here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/senate-...ump-1526488842

Guess the Senate version (which wasn't being investigated for ethics issues) came a slightly different conclusion about the Russians than the House. Odd.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Those leaks aren't coming from Mueller, nor his team.

They're coming from the sieve that is this administration.
This is what happens when you bring in folks who watch too much TV, they make their life seem like an episode of House of Cards/Game of Thrones. Really it's more like Beavis and Butthead, or at best 'The Office, WH edition'
So the leaks from the Mueller investigation are not coming from people working on the Mueller investigation.

Okay. Got it.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:58 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
So the leaks from the Mueller investigation are not coming from people working on the Mueller investigation.

Okay. Got it.
Please - show one source/article that lists it's info coming from the Mueller camp as an anonymous source.

Go ahead we'll wait.

#DansBullshit

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 05-19-2018, 02:35 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/30/u...ons-trump.html
Old 05-20-2018, 08:07 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Lol

Those "questions" were written by Trumps lawyers anticipating what Mueller might ask. It was leaked from the Trump camp.

Try again.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 05-20-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Please - show one source/article that lists it's info coming from the Mueller camp as an anonymous source.

Go ahead we'll wait.

#DansBullshit
You do realize your statement is just a bit stupid correct??? Show you one source that says it is coming from the Mueller Camp and it being anonymous???

If you knew it was coming from the Mueller Camp would it be anonymous first off? If a person inside the camp was that stupid how long do you think it would take to ask govt employees working for Mueller if they were the leak, knowing if they get caught in a lie it will be a career ender and perhaps some jail time.

I personally think the whole thing is a witch hunt but to be honest i dont care because it seems to have kept all the bad children busy so in the grand scheme of things it is harmless.
2003 KLR 650