4" or 5" disco springs

disco_drum

Jan 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
looking to replace my old worn out rovertym springs with someone else's old worn out springs that are taller. Anyone have any laying around?

disco_drum

Jan 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
not sure what you mean? Yes i like to do things cheap, but I have everything needed for this lift except the springs. (I currently run 2" springs and 2" spacers) My truck only gets driven offroad (i trailer it)so why invest thousands into a lift. My old RTE springs are just tired. I am in the process of putting a panhard conversion in the rear.

To answer your question, i guess the answer is yes. However, I have no shame in this decision and I wheel the shit out of my truck and it makes me happy! :patriot:

disco_drum

Jan 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
dude...over the years I have slowly built my truck. I have been wheeling the same disco since 2005. I treat my trail truck better than our daily drivers because I love the vehicle. A lot of work and sweat has gone into my disco.

With everything i have done already...adding new taller springs is not a big deal. Especially considering the truck might see 50 miles a year on pavement. Its not like I am putting big ass springs under a stock truck that has nothing else done to it....

DiscoPhoto

Jul 23, 2012
Vermont
Were you running +4 shocks on a +2 lift? 4" radius arms on the 2" lift? adjustable panhard at least I'd hope. 4" Abs and brake lines? Cranked rear radius arms?

alpinacsi

Oct 5, 2011
Atlanta
Were you running +4 shocks on a +2 lift? 4" radius arms on the 2" lift? adjustable panhard at least I'd hope. 4" Abs and brake lines? Cranked rear radius arms?

I think he said 2" springs and 2" spacers which would require the longer rear shocks and he might have the adjustable front shock towers.