What is this D2? Not mine

ezzzzzzz

Apr 22, 2010
SE Va
Someone slapped a few Kalahari bits on (ARB bumper, Kahn wheels, special vehicle badge in the rear). Who knows what lift is in it but at least it appears one's there. No Safari Gard sliders, saudi spec grille, roof rack or proper interior. Otherwise, it's basically a stock D2.

Last edited:

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-discovery/6410703249.html

Best I can tell it's a plain jane 02 with an ARB bumper, kalahari wheels, and some stickers. Am I missing something?

They used to run a competition for all Land Rover Techs called TREK. It was after they parted ways with Camel Trophy because a cartoon moose smoking is so not cool anymore.

I think this could have been one of the TREK vehicles with some bumpers and stuff added after the fact. I could run the vin and see whats up with it next week.

Lake_Bueller

Aug 11, 2004
Beloit, WI
They used to run a competition for all Land Rover Techs called TREK. It was after they parted ways with Camel Trophy because a cartoon moose smoking is so not cool anymore.

I think this could have been one of the TREK vehicles with some bumpers and stuff added after the fact. I could run the vin and see whats up with it next week.

I thought all the TReK vehicles were Tangers orange. At least all the pictures that I've ever seen.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle

The TReK event was unrelated to Camel Trophy and they ran concurrently. TReK was a short (~3-day) competition among Land Rover dealerships to build brand identity, demonstrate the capabilities of the vehicles in stock form and so on.

Some of the 1996 TReK trucks were used on the 1997 US team Camel Trophy qualifiers. There's a nice article about one of these in the summer 2017 issue of Alloy & Grit.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
The TReK event was unrelated to Camel Trophy and they ran concurrently. TReK was a short (~3-day) competition among Land Rover dealerships to build brand identity, demonstrate the capabilities of the vehicles in stock form and so on.

Some of the 1996 TReK trucks were used on the 1997 US team Camel Trophy qualifiers. There's a nice article about one of these in the summer 2017 issue of Alloy & Grit.

I didnt think they did trek until the 90's. I'm really not sure though.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
The first TReK event was 1996. Those trucks were AA Yellow. Camel Trophy continued for for several years after that. The colors of the TReK trucks have changed over time. CT trucks were painted a dull yellow, I think the color was called gold sand. The G4 competition trucks were orange.

1990-camel-trophy-590x400b.jpg

645dd50a8f49627412413f4d36d70f46.jpg

tumblr_inline_n4f4fhY4631sb612g.jpg