D1 Catalytic converter replacement

S

scyoung

I know the info was on the site before, can't find it anymore...

I've heard that there are some small generic/universal converters that can be installed on the D1- I don't have $600 for a new LR part. Anyone have suggestions?

Stoopit VA emission inspections.

Robbie

Apr 20, 2004
NOVA
SCYoung - I believe some people have been successful with the generic catco cats that you can get from summit racing. i believe these are for obdI trucks though and if you have an obdII truck, then you need to purchase obdII compliant cats. i actually bought a catco 6905 to install in my 95 Discovery, but never got around to it and instead installed a new y-pipe. you would actually need to cut out the old cats and weld in the generics. if you want the cat i bought (i just have one), it's your's (since i noticed your in nova too). never been installed and is just taking up space in my garage. lemme know.

-Robbie

S

syoung

Robbie-
I'll take you up on that cat- be happy to trade money, garage/tool usage, food and/or beer for it. Mine's a 95 OBDI flavour Disco- The downstream O2 sensor tripped the CE lamp and I also have a rattle in the cats so I'm guessing that's what I gotta do.
I'm in the Centerville area and work in Fairfax- just let me know when/where.

Robbie

Apr 20, 2004
NOVA
no need for anything. just someday, i may come to you with a favor. haha, kidding. i'll email you.