1998 Buell S1W - slightly customized

Lake_Bueller

Aug 11, 2004
Beloit, WI
This bike has been my pride & joy but I honestly just don't ride it. It's a shame to see it sitting under the cover and only getting out a few miles per year.

Here's what I have...

1998 S1W White Lightning (S1W chassis with 1998 S3T motor; proper S1W front pulley)

Specs:
Bike was stripped and rebuilt during the winter of 2006. Only about 2k miles since the work was done.

Powder coat on frame was completely redone in correct Buell color.

Tank has been professional repainted with a vapor barrier undercoating to eliminate tank bubbling in the future

Complete top end rebuild. Included .05 over with new cylinders (work done at Appleton Buell, home of Dave Stueve), head work (done at Hoban Brothers Racing), all new gaskets.

Mikuni Flat Slide carb

Stock header pipe with Daytona BOSS slip-on muffler.

New rear rim

Super clean bodywork. Just a few pebble chips in the front fender.

Pro-Series Carbon Fiber air cleaner.

Crossroads Performance race bars.

EBC Brake rotor.

Rebuilt transmission to replace 1st & 2nd gears (worn dogs were creating some slippage).

Custome "trimmed" rear pully (reduced weight by about 1/3)

Banke Frame Brace

Tons of powder coated bits & pieces (handlebars, clamp, dash, intake manifold, frame brace, rear pully)

Most of the pictures were done prior to installing the custom rear pully and Daytona muffler.

Blue book is around $4500 for a stock bike.

I'd like $4000 OBO for this beauty.

Attachments

• Marilyn Optimized.jpg
    Marilyn Optimized.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 42
  • S1W at Fox River 2.jpg
    S1W at Fox River 2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 30
  • S1W Optimized 2.jpg
    S1W Optimized 2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 22

Lake_Bueller

Aug 11, 2004
Beloit, WI
ZMayo85 said:
hOW MANY cc'S does that sucker have

Without getting into the whole Buell history....it's a 1200cc modified Sportster motor. From the factory, it puts out 101hp. With the subtle massages that have been done, it's probably pushing 120hp.

Oh yeah....it's also made in the good ole' U.S of A!!!