Wanting to Line X my D2

Tortuga

Aug 23, 2017
Long Beach,CA
Hi all, New to this site and haven't seen much on thought about putting Line X on D2.
My insurance is going to pay for a paint job at $4k. Go factory or install LineX?
I do have my front bumper LineX and love the look.
Thank you for any and all input.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
That depends....how ugly do you want to make your D2? If insurance is paying, do it right and get a proper paint job.

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
I suppose it's all subjective, but I can't see this looking good on a DII.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
Every now & then I see a bedlinered truck, usually an old, piece of shit pickup truck but sometimes it's a relatively new, nice truck. Funny thing is that it's the fastest way to make a nice truck look like an old, piece of shit pickup truck.

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
Every now & then I see a bedlinered truck, usually an old, piece of shit pickup truck but sometimes it's a relatively new, nice truck. Funny thing is that it's the fastest way to make a nice truck look like an old, piece of shit pickup truck.
As long a LineX is step 1, with aluminum spacers being step 2, it should be fine.
Personally, I'd go with those wheels that tilt out, and lower the suspension.

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
Hi all, New to this site and haven't seen much on thought about putting Line X on D2.
My insurance is going to pay for a paint job at $4k. Go factory or install LineX?
I do have my front bumper LineX and love the look.
Thank you for any and all input.

Welcome to the site! I see linex trucks all over the place because I live in Utah and people in Utah love nothing more than to fuck up vehicles. The only thing they love more is bedazzling their jeans - do you bedazzle your jeans? Every time I see one of these fucked up vehicles, I always ask myself "what the fuck are these people thinking?"

So, why linex? Protection, looks, just because you can?

A bumper, I get it. I would never do it, but I understand. A bumper is expected to get fucked up. But the rest of your truck? Some people like to show their love with abuse, I like to show my love with keeping my vehicle nice.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
I just googled images for "line x vehicle" and it's a shit-show of pickups, jeeps, camaros, mustangs, and free candy rape vans. This should be all the answer you need.

benlittle

Jul 18, 2005
Draper
I just googled images for "line x vehicle" and it's a shit-show of pickups, jeeps, camaros, mustangs, and free candy rape vans. This should be all the answer you need.

These are also the same people who drive around with roof racks loaded with empty fuel cans, RTT's and every other gadget that Front Runner sells.

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
honest to goodness feedback like this is why I love dweb....

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
1) Why the hell is insurance paying you $4k for anything having to do with a D2? How is it not totalled?

2) If you want to be cheap and have it look stupid, just get some flat black spray paint. If you want to be cheap and just have a crappy, but reasonable, paintjob - hit up Earl Scheib.

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
30331d1466692099-2003-land-rover-discovery-se7-rhino-lined-needs-work-%241500-landy2.jpg

ERover82

Nov 26, 2011
Darien Gap
Linex is a dirt magnet. It looks obnoxious when newly applied, and then obnoxiously repulsive after it's permanently covered in shit. Might as well wear a MAGA hat too.