2001 DII SE7 160k HEADLAMP WIRING ISSUE

Disco.Kanata

Jul 14, 2006
Kanata, Ontario. Canada
Hey guys hope your having a great weekend, my right headlight went out so I decided to change them both.

Upon changing the right light I check to see if all was working and poof of course not.

I looked at the light connection as it was different from the left one and it had a sort of a blue wired extension associated to it

Basically the blue connector connected to the main light plug, then plugged into the light. When I undid this "extension" and plug the new light into the it worked.

SO the question is, what the hell is this wire?????

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/55514639

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

KyleT

Mar 28, 2007
Fort Worth, TEXAS
Coldwater said:
Upgrade your headlights to HID's. Its very easy and they are cheap and extremely clear at night. I did to my '00 DII. DDM Tuning.com This is what I have! Very nice!
and you will blind the crap out of everyone on the road and the squirrels in the trees too...
plus it is no legal per USDOT standards... I tried to retro some in, even with the elusive casper shields and it was a no go. way too much glare. even with the e-codes i have now.

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
KyleT said:
and you will blind the crap out of everyone on the road and the squirrels in the trees too...
plus it is no legal per USDOT standards... I tried to retro some in, even with the elusive casper shields and it was a no go. way too much glare. even with the e-codes i have now.

X2

Get your eyes checked. My stock bulbs work just fine. The entire HID thing seems like overkill. Just a way for car companies to really stick it to you. You can spend $1500 for a brand new BMW headlight assembly if a rock hits it.