BFG AT-KO or Yokohama Geolanders?

Ronan

Apr 20, 2004
www.roxs.us
Hey guys - Looking for some opinions to help me choose on a set of tires. I have lifted my disco II with OME 751 up front and tricked spacers in the rear. I think I have about a 2 1/2 inch lift. ARB on the front end so clearance should not be too much of an issue. I have a set of Goodyear MT/R on my 16 inch rims for offroading but the stock 255/55/18 HPs look ridiculous with the truck lifted (kind of like lawnmower wheels). I am looking for a larger tire for the 18 inch rims. They will mostly be used on road (with light trail exceptions). The Yokohama Geolander H/T-S comes in a 285/60/18 (31.4" diameter) and seem to have good reviews. Anyone running these tires? The alternative are a set of BFG AT-KO at 285/65/18 (32.8"). These seem awfully big. I am running stock drive train. Not sure if this size would be an issue with mostly on-road use. The BFG would probably look more aggressive but if anyone has any suggestions, I would be glad to hear them.

Thanks,

Jason

E

eric johnson2

tires

Tires.com has a couple of customer feedback rating charts. I think the Goodrich are a bit better than the geo's. The tire dealer I know well said the Geo's wear faster than normal.

J

JR Ewing III

BFG, BFG, BFG!!!!

Did I mention I think BFGs are the best tire?

RVRSRVC

May 7, 2004
Elizabethtown, PA
www.roverlab.com
We fit a lot of Yokohama AT and HT tires on our customers Rovers with very favorable responses. I also like the Bridgestone Revo's that I run on my alloy street wheels. ( I got them for free. Free is good.) I run Kumho M/T on steelies for off-road.