Tire machine repair

Drillbit

Oct 12, 2005
Glasgow Ky
I have a John Bean model IV tire machine. These were sold by snap on. I bought mine off craigslist a few years ago. The break down arm isn't working right. It doesn't have anywhere close to the pressure it used to. I had the cylinder rebuilt with snap on parts. That helped some but it's still not great. I think the valves in the pedals need serviced and/or replace. Here is the catch. It doesn't have a serial number on it. Without this snap on won't talk to me for any amount of money. Does anyone know places that work on these things or sell parts?

Drillbit

Oct 12, 2005
Glasgow Ky
That's because you bought stolen property off CL

That is a possibility. Or someone up graded in the 20 something years since this was made. Or a shop closed. Or who knows? I wouldn't assume a SD roof rack someone had on craigslist was stolen, I don't with this either.

Nomar

Apr 23, 2004
Virginia
Maybe somebody else with that model machine would let you *borrow* their serial # for parts purposes ?

But you'd have to get some good ol boy that's got the same one local to you.

Or check your local tire places and see if they have that machine; snap a quick pic of the #--- ha ha

jafir

May 4, 2011
Northwest Arkansas
Have you tried contacting John Bean directly? I went in half with a friend of mine on a craigslist tire balancer from them that was missing all of the accessories and we emailed them and they sent us a list of all the current part numbers (some of the parts in the manual were NLA or superseded), and they were willing to sell the parts to us.

https://us.johnbean.com/en/contact