Kitchen Stuff

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Totally aside the kitchen stuff, damn lemurs are pretty weird. Watching a show on them.

Talking about pizza stones, been meaning to get one but have not yet. Any recommendations?

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
Talking about pizza stones, been meaning to get one but have not yet. Any recommendations?

I've got a Big Green Egg one (I got it when I got the grill). But as long as you get one that is rated for very high heat (for a grill - Pampered Chef is not), it doesn't matter what the make is, just find a quality one.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Totally aside the kitchen stuff, damn lemurs are pretty weird. Watching a show on them.

You think they are weird on TV, you should meet them in person. When I went to Madagascar I had a lemur jump onto my shoulder and crawl up my head. Then it jumped onto my dad's shoulder and bit him on the ear. Trying to communicate with a Malagasy taxi driver and doctor in my Provencal French accent made for a fun adventure getting my dad medical treatment.

The sifakas are the coolest, it is fascinating watching them run sideways. The most amazing thing about being face to face with a lemur is the overpowering sense that they have human intelligence, even though they are on a different branch of the primate family tree.

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Kennith, you mean Sur La Table? Used to frequent that store quite a bit while living in VA. They have some good stuff. I have to say I am impressed with Le Creuset ceramics (have had plate sets for a few years now and not a scratch on them). They have an outlet not too far from here but never stopped by though. I do have a mortar and a pestle but also a coffee grinder which I pretty much only use to grind sescheuan peppers for the bbq sauce. I do use those little mesh metal containers wtf they are called for keeping peppercons in a soup when cooking. Comes in real handy so you dont have to bite on one later. Get the flavor then dump them.

Yup, it was Sur La Table. I was on about 3 hours of sleep in 3 days. Circle table... WTF :rofl:

The cast iron skillet I've got is antique. It's one of those that's smooth as silk and impressively thin and dense. I don't have any new ones, but if I did, I'd consider Le Creuset.

Cheers,

Kennith

az_max

Apr 22, 2005
.... Afterwards strain the oil & keep in fridge for next time. Usually lasts a long time.....

I pan fry corn tortillas at least once a week for tacos. Old g/f thought I was crazy for straining the oil (Mr Coffee filter) and storing it. A lot better than throwing the oil out after every use. Just have to remember to take it out before I start prepping food or it's a solid on the bottom of the storage jar.

kk88rrc

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
Pizza for me is a 2# patty of hot sausage (on parchment paper, in a roasting pan) with marinara sauce, cheese, onions, peppers, cheese, olives & cheese.
No bread involved.

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US

I have pizzacraft, works well. I have square with stainless handles.