Edc

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
You guys sound tactical as fuck.

Ya Jymmie, how do you think New York Cities finest would feel about you carrying that kind of stuff with you? I have a rasp stuck in my map pocket, the guy who got it for me said if I have to use it get rid of it. They have serial #'s and this one will be traced to a state that"s not his or mine. Are they illegal still?

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
Ya Jymmie, how do you think New York Cities finest would feel about you carrying that kind of stuff with you? I have a rasp stuck in my map pocket, the guy who got it for me said if I have to use it get rid of it. They have serial #'s and this one will be traced to a state that"s not his or mine. Are they illegal still?

You pretty much can't even carry a pocket knife if it is folding. Gravity knives are illegal and the definition of gravity knife is very loose.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
  • Swiss Army knife (Victorinox Spartan)
  • keys
  • phone
  • watch
  • handkerchief (surprisingly versatile for so much more than just blowing your nose!)
  • regional transit pass
  • 8 months of the year: raincoat, which invariably has a couple plastic bags in the pocket for picking up my dog's turds.

Yeah, I live in Seattle.

In my purse?

Saddleback large leather briefcase. I use it to carry all of the cash I earn as a Snap-On man :)

• Swiss Army knife (Victorinox Spartan)
  • keys
  • phone
  • watch
  • handkerchief (surprisingly versatile for so much more than just blowing your nose!)
  • regional transit pass
  • 8 months of the year: raincoat, which invariably has a couple plastic bags in the pocket for picking up my dog's turds.

Yeah, I live in Seattle.
Speaking of legality of jack knives. On the way into Soldier Field in ~'91 or '92 for a Dead show, I had a passport pouch around my neck with my passport, cash, and a roll of stickers that said "Acid" on them, a vial of patchouli oil, and hanging from the zipper of the pouch was a tiny little LL Bean Swiss army knife,

Going through security, I got grabbed due to the knife...

I ended up in the bowels of Soldier Field. They confiscated my jack knife and threatened to arrest me for having a concealed weapon-concealed? They were more interested in the "ACID" stickers. One of the CPD cops asked me if we'd get high if we ate one. I looked him square in the eye and said "if you do, I'm gonna buy a LOT more from the Seton Name Plate Company".

They released me, but relieved me of my jack knife, roll of acid stickers and my vial of patchouli oil. I missed the first three songs of the show, but boy howdy did I have a story to tell-LOL.

In NYC when I got caught doing something I shouldn't have been (um, smoking something I shouldn't have been smoking) , they were far more worried about my friend from Jersey who didn't have an ID.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
Well PT if you went with me I would have insisted you left the knife in the car. Cause We would not have wanted any fucking attention with what I would have had with me. As a matter of fact I was at the same damn place last July going in to see what was left of the band with some really good ......lets just call it skunk.