2010 Range Rover LUX buy or don't buy?

soccrscot11

Aug 2, 2005
England
Well the range rover sport I was looking at was sold today before I got to the dealer. Shifting gears and looking at a 2010 Range Rover LUX. The car is optioned out, tires have 90% tred, new brakes and interior and exterior are very clean. The car has 58K on the clock and was always serviced by the dealer. The mileage is a little higher than I was originally looking for, but at $28K would you guys consider this a good buy? Is there mileage range that the L322s tend to have problems? Thanks in advance for the advice.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
Pretty solid trucks. 2010 is a good year. First year of the 5.0. Make sure the engine seems as loud as some others trucks. The 5.0 is a noisy engine when there is nothing wrong with it, but compare it to other 5.0's and make sure it sounds about the same. timing chain rattle and click noise is one thing to listen to and the other thing to look at is the water pump.

Put some miles on it before you buy it. It takes a vehicle about 10 miles of stop and go and some highway driving to reach operating temp in the trans and other systems. So once you get it hot keep going and maybe get another 15 miles on it. I think that will make any trans or engine mechanical problems show themselves.

soccrscot11

Aug 2, 2005
England
Ended up buying the rover and I'm loving the car thus far. Great ride on the freeway with lots of power. Way better than my old DII. Even got 19 MPG on the drive home from the dealer.