RRC seats in D1 anyone??

TOM R

Jul 19, 2013
va/n.j.
Not w/o some modifications. DII seats have the mounts built into the seats. So they have to be cut off and new tabs welded onto the rails. Not a horrible job if you have an angle grinder and a welder.

Thanks, think I will try the rrc ones since they just bolt in :)

latarheel

Oct 10, 2011
AZ
I just located a set of '92 RRC County leather seats in good but dusty condition in a salvage yard to swap into my "96 D1. Any tricks to moving the seat on the rails with a 12V battery source to the motors? I assume you need switches on the side and the seat ECU's? And the back seat, do you need the RRC matching latches on the pillars or will the D1 latches work the same? Thanks for the help Guys!

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
No idea if the rear seats fit; I have the '93 RRC front seats in a 96 D1. The mounts are slightly different but compatible and require no fabrication. I have never bothered wiring the adjustment motors - adjusted the driver seat using clip leads how I wanted, and haven't changed position in six or seven years. I moved the passenger seat forward/back a couple of times when I had very tall passengers (using clip leads as well).

latarheel

Oct 10, 2011
AZ
I recently found some '91 hunter seats (manual) and the rail mount positions are good but the armrest is too close to the console and you need mount hardware from the top and nuts to secure (vs. rear torx on the newer ('95 RRC) seats. Having a hard time getting a socket in to secure the rear bolts & nuts and the manual recline function is shot in both so I may have to disassemble the seats to effect a repair. All trial and error as I cant find a seat diagram for the ''91 Hunter seats.

Reactions: p m