Flashing Hazards

Papagallo

Jun 22, 2015
Tacoma, WA
2003 Disco 2

Recent wreck, front end damage. Truck starts and runs fine, body damage repaired but.... Hazards will not stop flashing and doors stay unlocked. It acts like the inertia switch but, inertia switch isn't and wasn't triggered, pushing it does nothing and still starts and runs fine. Also tried jumping the inertia switch to rule it out and still the same problem. I am boggled with how to make it stop. Only method so far is to pull the fuse but then I have no turn signals. My searches have show some Disco 1 fixes, none of which work for me.

Any ideas? BCU maybe?

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
Inertia switch only cuts the engine, so if it's running, you're good there.

Did you replace the airbag(s)? I'm not sure of the seatbelt retractor status on D2's, but they would need to be replaced as well. Do you have any fault codes in the airbag system?

This behavior is a result of airbag deployment(idea being if you crash badly enough to blow the airbags, you'll want to get out easily and be visible to other drivers), and my guess is that the airbag ECU has residual codes from the crash, which is causing this behavior to persist.

In other words, the truck(airbag ECU) thinks it's still just had an accident.

Papagallo

Jun 22, 2015
Tacoma, WA
Airbags did not deploy and there are no codes read by my nanocom. Seatbelt retractors have not been looked at but they all self retract and seem to be functioning normally.