1994 Discovery Coniston Green

markmc

Oct 11, 2009
New Hampshire USA
Reluctant sale of our 1994 Discovery. 2nd owner vehicle, when bought with less than 20K miles on it when purchased in 1996 . Current mileage 319K.Maintained for the last 21 years with a long list of new parts from Rovers North, and other suppliers. Truck is for restoration or parts. This truck was last in service in November 2017 and is part of a collection that is now being sold. Additional pictures are available if interested, Please feel free to ask any questions.

We are open to any reasonable offer.

Please also see my 1998 LE Discovery for sale. Please feel free to send any questions to memcd@Comcast.net

Regards, Mark

markmc

Oct 11, 2009
New Hampshire USA
Hi BDM

Thanks. My only requirement back in 1996 was that the truck be Coniston Green. I didn't really delve into how many D1s were ever made in this color, but I havnt seen one in all my travels. Pictures yes, but nothing actually on the road.

As I mention in the Ad, we are very open to any reasonable offer. Having done a number of restorations myself, understanding cost and what would be needed to return this to a daily driver, if that is the interest of the buyer, I suppose value/price may only be in the eye of the beholder, and hopefully that person knows the extent of work ahead. On the other hand, there may be folks out there that would simply rather purchase the truck for parts. Because of these two possible paths of interest, I'd like to hear from folks as to what the truck is worth to them.

I would like to see the truck go to anyone that has interest either way. Please feel free to make an offer, and we can discuss delivery details.

Regards, Mark

markmc

Oct 11, 2009
New Hampshire USA
Yes indeed. The Discovery model is certainly a worthy truck, sharing its powertrain and many mechanicals with the Defender, a truck that needs no introduction.

Alas, once the Alpine roof feature disappeared from the product line, the truck, and the company began to move in a different direction.

Who knows, maybe one day the D1 & 2 will be as highly prized as any of the preceding product lines.