Reset adaptive values

txdisco1

Feb 8, 2018
Texas
I cant get the /dev/tty* to search. I get a 'Permission Denied" prompt every time. Of course my scan gauge isn't the bluetooth one but I dont know if that matters. Im trying to run it off one of my MacBooks with High Sierra but I have another one that runs Yosemite that im gonna try tomorrow. Ill post some screenshots of what I get tomorrow.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
try sudo ls /dev/tty*

You may need to try running the program with sudo in front of it. I'm not much of a mac guy. It was written in linux and compiled on a mac. It ran on my mac mini and thats pretty much where I left it.

txdisco1

Feb 8, 2018
Texas
so with sudo /dev/tty.* i get 'command not found
with sudo ./GEMS /dev/tty* the ./GEMS command not found
and then running the command file you posted i get
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

This is all on High Sierra im about to try it on Yosemite once that laptop charges

txdisco1

Feb 8, 2018
Texas
heres what im getting, tried it a whole bunch of ways

Reids-MacBook-Pro:~ Reid$ sudo is /dev/tty.*
Password:
sudo: is: command not found
Reids-MacBook-Pro:~ Reid$ sudois /dev/tty*
-bash: sudois: command not found
Reids-MacBook-Pro:~ Reid$ sudo is /dev/tty*
Reids-MacBook-Pro:~ Reid$ sudo Is /dev/tty*
sudo: Is: command not found
Reids-MacBook-Pro:~ Reid$ sudo is /dev/tty.
Reids-MacBook-Pro:~ Reid$ sudo is /dev/tty.*
Reids-MacBook-Pro:~ Reid$

txdisco1

Feb 8, 2018
Texas
Okay update I set the gems file to file directory and did ./Gems /dev/tty.*
Its trying to connect to incoming bluetooth port but my Scangauge is usb

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
I know nothing about the code you guys are talking. But I was wondering if you have ever researched what goes on in the coms interface that must be between the laptop and the vehicle. The actual T4 software never hooks directly to the vehicle.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
I know nothing about the code you guys are talking. But I was wondering if you have ever researched what goes on in the coms interface that must be between the laptop and the vehicle. The actual T4 software never hooks directly to the vehicle.

No, but I could guess. Its just like the elm obd2 adapters. It takes very tedious real time communications and makes it more generic so a scheduled event operating system like windows can play.

tx disco that command is LS but lower case. Looks like you are typing an i don't put a '.' between the * The * is a wildcard, it lists all the devices attached and when you find out what it is calling the USB port then you use that in the command line. I know its incredibly user unfriendly, but free stuff usually sucks.

txdisco1

Feb 8, 2018
Texas
robertf you're right. I was doing IS instead of LS. I found the right USB serial port. It just wont connect now which is funny because when I tried to use a AutoLogic machine to reset the values it wouldn't connect either. So now Ive got a problem with the Rover itself. It will talk to a T4 machine all day but I cant reset the values through that. Weird.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
It was too cold to go outside this weekend so I took a look at it, what a mess

I see the problem and a fix is on the way in windows/linux/mac flavors hopefully in the next day or two. I defaulted to a different baud rate than the SX cable can use since Im using a bluetooth module. They don't really care what speed youre using since its not really rs232 between the pc and device. Ended up rewriting almost all of it in C++ so it'll be easier to add a GUI. The rewrite now searches for the adapter so no more command line junk. Once thats up I'll add alarm synch and the auto/manual transmission change option. Should save a couple of p38s from the wrecker with the synch feature.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
Version 2. Windows only for now, maybe apple next week, maybe not

Requires the SX USB cable (https://www.scantool.net/obdlink-sx/) Bluetooth is broken for now.

Should be self explanatory. Open it up, choose your options, and click go. If you don't select anything and click go it will still poll the ECU, gain maintenance access, then quit so its safe to test. Still, you are using it at your own risk.

http://www.flemcodesign.com/files/GEMSFIXER.zip

Opening screen
GEMSFIXER1.jpg

After clicking Alarm pair, then go, here is what you should see if everything was successful.
GEMSFIXER2.jpg

If you make money off this you are a fucking asshole. No recouping costs of equipment, I'm not recouping anything so if you want to help your friends/club you are doing so for free.

WaltNYC

Mar 3, 2010
NYC
robert, thank you very much for providing this code. Fortunately I have not needed to use it, but it sure is nice to know that I have options when/if I do.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
"If you make money off this you are a f^@%#* as&^$!. No recouping costs of equipment, I'm not recouping anything so if you want to help your friends/club you are doing so for free."

I was thinking thief, slime, scum or butt-munch was a simple enough description. LOL

I had several people claiming work I put on thingiverse as their own so I need to be as explicit as possible

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
Was messing with the program tonight and just realized that version I uploaded sends trash instead of the actual reset but appears to work anyways. Alarm pair does actually work. I'll put up a fixed version later.

The good news is that I got it working with an elm327 compatible cheap chinese reader . this one specifically , so it's no longer tied in to custom hardware.

And heads up, if you leave a cheap bluetooth dongle that doesn't have a physical pair button plugged in to your GEMS truck and your phone isn't actively paired to it you are vulnerable to an adaptive values attack. takes about 10 seconds plus bluetooth pair time