Ikea "hack" Fail

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Uhh... Dude? It still looks like crap...

https://www.ikeahackers.net/2014/11/ikea-koppla-hack-get-your-cables-of-the-floor.html

Came upon this in an image search to see who was making a certain kind of splitter. This person is so proud of spending all that time making brackets, when nearly all such devices feature built-in screw mounts, and even if they don't, a strip of 3M mounting tape would solve the problem.

Moreover, the cables are still all over the place, and it would have been far more sensible to mount it in a different orientation. Couldn't be bothered to manage those cables, I suppose, and I guess it never occurred to the author that a docking station would solve his laptop charging woes...

So, he's gone from a rat's nest of cables under/behind the desk, to a giant spider web of them all over the damned place. What the heck is wrong with people. Others are reading that crap and thinking it's a good idea; potentially younger people that would benefit from seeing how to do things properly.

If this is what's passing for inventive "workspace tweaking" these days, I just don't know what to say. Not very keen on people calling the most patently obvious life skills "hacks", anyway; especially when they nearly always get them dead wrong.

Cheers,

Kennith