Android Auto?

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
I used a harness from crutchfield back in the day on a D2. I always had a hiiss in the stock speakers with a Kenwood Deck. Other than that it was Ok. Is it a D2? Have you thought about Pac Audio? It adds USB funciton to your stock radio then allows you to mount your phone and use it for GPS, audio streaming and what not. I used this with a Toyota and it was fantastic. You simply use the CD changer input for the connection to the stock radio. May take a look.

https://pac-audio.com/catalog/ipod-and-smartphone-integration/IS32

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Just take some time to decide if you want Google in your vehicle, first.

If you've already got an account, it shouldn't be a problem, but getting a Google account is a life decision.

Cheers,

Kennith

Some Dude

Feb 12, 2009
Boise, ID
I have it built in on one of my cars. I love it. Google maps (or waze) on the factory display beats the hell out of the stock nav system. Voice control with Google assistant for the whole thing is really nice. It plays nicely with Spotify and a couple other audio apps I use too. Highly recommended.

lunchbox

Apr 20, 2004
St Louis, MO
I have installed a couple kenwood double-din CarPlay and Android Auto head units. One is in my Subaru. Great shit. Android can be a bitch to get working if you don’t hook the parking brake up right. However, you can ground the unit to itself and confuse it. When I put one in a G Wagen, we looked at the junk you linked. I was not impressed and wouldn’t recommend.

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
Just take some time to decide if you want Google in your vehicle, first.

If you've already got an account, it shouldn't be a problem, but getting a Google account is a life decision.

Cheers,

Kennith
"OK, Google, please tell whomever you please everything about where I go. And, just in case, record all conversations in my house."